How far from uni do/will you live? Watch

Poll: How far from uni do you live?
Halls (1st year) (35)
43.21%
Halls (2nd/3rd year) (8)
9.88%
Walkable distance - less than 20 mins (12)
14.81%
Walkable but more than 20 mins (10)
12.35%
I go by car/public transport (16)
19.75%
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Depends on which campus. I live opposite one, a 30 minute walk from one and 45 minute walk from the other...
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live opposite my college and am lucky enough to get accomodation throughout my degree, so its about 1 mins walk to tutorials, about 10 to lectures. Although next year i'm living in a uni-owned house, will be about 30 mins walk or a shorter bike ride/bus journey.
monkeyaround
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
40 minute walk or 15 minute bus ride. It doesn't cut my off from anything at all, I live in a studenty area. I go to a lot more lectures than I did in first year when it was a 10 minute walk.
~*Sweetness*~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live in halls. It's about a one minute walk to lectures. I still manage to be late though...
Kittennffc
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Apricot Fairy)
This year in halls I'm 30 minutes away from uni. Next year in my house I will be less than 5 minutes away. Result!
Opposite way round for me, last year in halls my building was practically next door, this year i'm about a 20 to 30 minute bus ride, purely because of the traffic! Would be quite a nice walk if I got up early enough, and had enough energy!
wednesburywench
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live 40 mins from uni and yes it is annoying when its raining and having to get up early, and i would say that it does have some factor in missing lectures, if i lived closer i would be inclined to go in when i only have 1 50 min lecture, but now im tempted to skip cus it takes me like 1 n half there and back so i spend more time walking!
HerRoyalHighness
Badges:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anne*UK*06)
Mainly applies to second/third years, I guess, as most of you probably live in halls during their first year, but do you live a walkable distance away or do you go by bus/car? If so, do you find it cuts you off from your uni-related social life (societies etc) and does it make you skip lectures more often or do you not mind it at all?
Well i live 20 miles away and drive every day to UEA in norwich- i do get involved with uni but to be honest all my matess are here so i hae a busy social life at home and i work alot too. i never wanted to be fully immersed.
Higgy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well i live at home still and only commute 2 miles to and from uni everyday by bus or lift so not too bad really
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My house is about 25 minutes from the uni. I normally walk, unless it is raining heavy in which case I sometimes use the car.
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I can be in any of my lecture room in 4 or 5 minutes tops (if I run), otherwise it's an 8ish minute walk in. I love living so close - it means I can come back to mine and sleep between lectures (although I do tend to miss lectures that way! ).
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably gonna be staying in a hall 25-30mins away from uni, and over 10,000km away from home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
26.86%
No (177)
73.14%

Watched Threads