Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What event are you most looking forwards to at London 2012? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What events are you most looking forwards to, and who are your tips to win?
    Personally I can't wait for the men's 100m. Gonna be the best one for years! With Bolt, Gay, and Blake all looking good it's going to be very competitive! Also be keeping an eye on Jessica Ennis

ReputationRep:
    Rowing!

I want to see how the men's double will do, and as usual the US W8+

ReputationRep:
    Usain Bolt.

Wonder if he'll eat chicken nuggets and set a new WR this time too :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm looking forward to my town centre being empty because everyone is inside watching it tbh I do quite like the Olympics but I can wait for the space

But if I had to choose it's be the table-tennis

ReputationRep:
    I like most events. I think I'm more excited about the 'legacy' that's promised to be left though.

Just imagine it, I think if all the promises made are actually achieved, like the affordable housing, the sports centres and initiatives, stuff for young people and the communities in these areas, the massive surge in business for londoners, this will actually be a really good thing.

But I'm very very skeptical though, I doubt they'll do it, I mean they've already cut the percentage of housing in the village they said would be affordable in the bid. That's a bit unfair on the poor, I mean, do we need another London Docklands?

Will young people really be encouraged to get involved in the community and in sports? Will the tickets be fairly priced? will areas completely transform after this? Will morale be high? Will obesity and the pressure on the NHS be reduced? I bet most of the benefits will actually go to sponsors and wealthy investors that own the assets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodnightvienna)
    Rowing!

I want to see how the men's double will do, and as usual the US W8+
    Rowing is a great shout! Great chance for Britain to get some medals and show everyone how good they are at it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    I like most events. I think I'm more excited about the 'legacy' that's promised to be left though.

Just imagine it, I think if all the promises made are actually achieved, like the affordable housing, the sports centres and initiatives, stuff for young people and the communities in these areas, the massive surge in business for londoners, this will actually be a really good thing.

But I'm very very skeptical though, I doubt they'll do it, I mean they've already cut the percentage of housing in the village they said would be affordable in the bid. That's a bit unfair on the poor, I mean, do we need another London Docklands?

Will young people really be encouraged to get involved in the community and in sports? Will the tickets be fair? will areas completely transform after this? Will morale be high? Will obesity and the pressure on the NHS be reduced? I bet most of the benefits will actually go to sponsors and wealthy investors that own the assets.
    It's such a massive opportunity to really leave a "legacy" like you said, and transform areas of london. I really do hope it will have a benefit on people from every socio-economic standing, and will inspire a new generation of athletes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Someone-Like-You-)
    Usain Bolt.

Wonder if he'll eat chicken nuggets and set a new WR this time too :lol:
    Heard him talking about a 9.4 in the olympics this year. With Yohan Blake and Tyson Gay in the running (no pun intended) I don't think he's a dead cert to win though! Chicken nuggets though....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Gymnastics.

ReputationRep:
    Hockey and Judo

ReputationRep:
    All the sprinting races esp 100m
    Gymnastics

then the finishing ceremony lol

ReputationRep:
    100 m final

The football

The relays (who's gonna drop the baton)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggy)
    100 m final

The football

The relays (who's gonna drop the baton)
    The football should be really exciting! Did you see the IAAF 4x100m relay? The number of people who fell over was mental!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myfriendSQRT(-1))
    Heard him talking about a 9.4 in the olympics this year. With Yohan Blake and Tyson Gay in the running (no pun intended) I don't think he's a dead cert to win though! Chicken nuggets though....:rolleyes:
    That's even more reason why i'm excited; means better odds for Bolt and i'm a betting person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Someone-Like-You-)
    That's even more reason why i'm excited; means better odds for Bolt and i'm a betting person
    You really reckon he's going to win? Asafa Powell is also looking good! For me Gay is a bit of an unknown. He performed poorly in Beijing (due to injury) and didn't run at IAAF in 2011. Powell clocked a PB of 6.50 in the 60m already this year, and Blake has the psychological advantage of being world champion. That said, not sure any of them can match Bolt's stride rate. He's SO fast. I wouldn't know who to bet on

ReputationRep:
    The football should be really exciting! Did you see the IAAF 4x100m relay? The number of people who fell over was mental!
    lol yeah imagine the shame of not only dropping the baton ruining your country's chances, but millions of people have seen your mistake

that calls for a Walk of Shame

ReputationRep:
    100m final men and women
    200m final men and women
    jess ennis hept
    men and women 4x100 relay
    mo farah
    110m hurldes :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Typically any thing to do with racing particularly rowing/sprinting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by This Honest)
    100m final men and women
    200m final men and women
    jess ennis hept
    men and women 4x100 relay
    mo farah
    Who d'you reckon will get the 200m? Don't think anyone can realistically beat Jamaica in the relay. Ennis definitely deserves gold after coming so close in the past couple of championships. Can't wait to see Farah in action again too!

ReputationRep:
    Who d'you reckon will get the 200m? Don't think anyone can realistically beat Jamaica in the relay. Ennis definitely deserves gold after coming so close in the past couple of championships. Can't wait to see Farah in action again too!
    I really don't know. I would like to see Usain win it. However, Blake got a time of 19.24 or 19.26 which is the second fastest, behind usain's record.
    Gonna be close :teeth:

but ffs, I really hate that 1 false start rule. Can totally mess things up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.