Views: 563
Size:  121.4 KB
    Name:  dress2.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  114.2 KB
    Name:  dress3.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  116.8 KB
    I'm 38", 30", 39"... working on making them all a bit smaller lol. But I can't decide if this suits my shape/size or not. Opinions?

Oh and please excuse the white bra... I wouldn't be wearing that with this dress normally.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I personally don't really like it, but that may be something to do with it being a similar colour to my old school uniform. But it doesn't look like it doesn't fit you or anything, it sits nicely and I quite like the lace. I just don't like dark green lol. Maybe wear higher heels, but again that might be my own personal vendetta against kitten heels.

ReputationRep:
    It's actually black/grey... The walls are green which is giving it the tint.

And as for the heels, I do actually agree with you. But I'm so out of practice on my proper heels that it just isn't worth it. They're better than flats and the only possibility if I want to dance all night.

ReputationRep:
    it's a bit 'meh'.

I mean, it's alright but it isn't really anything special.

Y'know, what with me being an expert in female fashion. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it suits you as well. The colour is
    I'm baised because I hate green on dresses anyways

Have you got any other dresses?

ReputationRep:
    Its nice but you could look nicer in something else

ReputationRep:
    Not something I would wear. I prefer clubbing clothes to fit more closely to the body (i.e. snug, not tight) - Maybe a thicker belt would do the trick?

ReputationRep:
    I actually bought it a year ago and haven't worn it (impulse buy ).

I do have other dresses to wear. It's just that I wore most of them recently. To be honest I could do with something new but I've left it a bit late now.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a club, it's a party at a sports/social club. And I had been considering a bigger belt. Just the belt is sewn into the dress so I'd need one thatsat over the top without showing the other one below.

ReputationRep:
    It looks quite formal. It wouldn't work for a house party for example, but if it's quite formal, you say it's at a social club, that sounds quite formal, perhaps it'd work.

I quite like the lace. I think the problem is there's not really much colour in there at all. It's all greys and black. Perhaps if you had some red heels, or I dunno perhaps red lipstick would offer enough colour. I'm no expert obviously, but, do you get what I'm saying? Some coloured heels, perhaps a coloured belt, may look better than more black.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on it; it makes you look a little top heavy. I think you should find something a little more flattering for your figure.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what type of party you are going to. Also try and brighten it up/accessorise it a bit with a purse/handbag or some jewellery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I personally don't really like it, but that may be something to do with it being a similar colour to my old school uniform. But it doesn't look like it doesn't fit you or anything, it sits nicely and I quite like the lace. I just don't like dark green lol. Maybe wear higher heels, but again that might be my own personal vendetta against kitten heels.
    :zomg: If they are your idea of kitten heels, I hate to think what you would call my heels which are definitely lower than those..!

ReputationRep:
    WIth your proportions you should be wearing a fit and flare dress to pinch in the waist and give the appearance of smaller legs, but also emphasise the chest to give an hourglass look
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Disenchanted)
    :zomg: If they are your idea of kitten heels, I hate to think what you would call my heels which are definitely lower than those..!
    Haha, maybe it's just the picture. I don't wear very high heels either my friends laugh at me trying to walk . I tried looking on new look to show you my heels I bought a while ago but they're not there. I don't even have a ruler to see how high they are :cry2:

p.s love your sig

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd pair it with a black cardigan, because it's fairly short. But then, I don't usually do both bare arms and bare legs, I tend to go for one or the other.

ReputationRep:
    The colour looks like algae.

ReputationRep:
    I like it! I am the same size as you and I find it a pain to find dresses to suit me (I don't like bodycon dresses etc on me). The colour is slimming even though its not bright and out there. The only thing I would change is the shoes - go bigger and make them a great feature and make your legs longer. With your hair and make up done you'll look fab!

ReputationRep:
    I would say wear a different dress as don't think that dress really compliments your figure

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks nice! It is quite formal, like others said, but it seems to suit your purpose. A little cardi would look nice. You could spice it up with your hair/make-up/accessories. I think it'd look nice if you loosely curled your hair and had some neutral but sparkly eyeshadow going on?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.