Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You can't stop it.

Someone has to be and always will be.

ReputationRep:
    Mir doesn't care about that...

ReputationRep:
    and with the power of america all manner of countries are being helped to invade or be invaded

ReputationRep:
    you set up the taliban, and if I remember correctly, no weapons of mass destruction has been found in iraq, which was after all the entire reason for going to war in the first place

ReputationRep:
    "you set up the taliban, and if I remember correctly, no weapons of mass destruction has been found in iraq, which was after all the entire reason for going to war in the first place"

That doesn't mean that they weren't there before the war....the U.N. agreed that they were there just a few months before the election.......just look at U.N. resolution 1441.

ReputationRep:
    I see, you americans still see yourself as self rightious law makers, when in fact your nothing more than what the british empire was 200 years ago, bullies who controlled the world by force.

You see, I am not afraid to tell my country's past, unlike you, you still are incesent on justifying every action you make, whether right or wrong, rather than owning up to your mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    America is a target for terrorism because they like to set nations against each other, they help civil wars, the world trade center was the ultimate symbol of capitalism, which is why it was attacked.
    The pentagon is a symbol of american militry and the white house is a symbol for the american democracy.

They were targeted to attack everything america values

ReputationRep:
    "I see, you americans still see yourself as self rightious law makers, when in fact your nothing more than what the british empire was 200 years ago, bullies who controlled the world by force."

Stop blathering and respond to the fact that the entire U.N. security counsel said that Saddam had WMD. What do you have to say about that?

ReputationRep:
    is the terrorists wanting their ragime worldwide any different to america wanting their regime world wide. now we come onto vietnam, korea, macathy witch hunts and the cold war. Communism scared you, it didn't conform to your way of living, so what do you do, you stamp it out.
    The terrorists use propoganda to gain support, so does america.

And the UN weapon inspectors were not given enough time to complete the search, that is why WMD were supposed to be in iraq.

Bush just wanted to get sadam out of the way, simply because his father couldn't.

btw, do you know where your president was when everyone else was conscripted to go to vietnam, he got his dad to keep him home. so in effect your president is a draft burner in all but name

ReputationRep:
    Why are you ashamed that I am british, because I can speak my mind, that I'm not afraid to critise america. I am pointing out things that america has actually done, not making things up, and I am not self rightious, I know britain has done it's fair share of damage to the world, I just think ameria could be stopped before it makes the same mistakes we did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I know that america is a superpower, and I know how hard it would be to police them, but I reckon that every action, both national and international should be policed.

I have my reasons:

a) america openly funded the IRA, and to my knowledge still does

b) america has been responsible for splitting both korea and vietnam in two.

c) America has a nasty habit of assuming they are blameless in all matters, and therefore have the right to do anything without being ashamed about it

d) america train osama bin laden, and put the taliban into power, both of which later came against them.

e) america should be be allowed to act as they want, as nuclear war will be the eventual outcome if america is brought under control.
    What a great idea! That's bound to work. Not only will America, I'm sure, welcome this coalition of supervisors with open arms, the removal of the prowess of one of the world's most eminent superpowers is sure to do absolutely nothing for the mutual respect of power between countries (I'm sure that China and Russia will still rsepect America despite it's lack of capabilites).

You may have, if you're perceptive, noticed a hint of sarcasm there. Basically, if you were to remove America as a superpower from the world equation, then things would go haywire. America may be big, grumpy and uncooperative, but they are still benevolent. You say that they have no right to disarm other countries of nuclear weapons, but, let's face it, there are a lot of countries that you really wouldn't want in possession of ICBMs. If the giant 'doorman' that is the USA were to be taken down, then the door would be open for all sorts of gatecrashers to enter the arena of nuclear dominance - some of them really aren't that friendly, understand?

In short, America's eminence as a superpower is in the entire world's best interests. They do (well, mostly) police the rest of the world, protecting the countries that are victims of aggressors, and removing threats, even before they become antagonistic. I agree that the USA does do a lot of things wrong (pollution, and whatnot), but they're still a force for good in the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    What a great idea! That's bound to work. Not only will America, I'm sure, welcome this coalition of supervisors with open arms, the removal of the prowess of one of the world's most eminent superpowers is sure to do absolutely nothing for the mutual respect of power between countries (I'm sure that China and Russia will still rsepect America despite it's lack of capabilites).

You may have, if you're perceptive, noticed a hint of sarcasm there. Basically, if you were to remove America as a superpower from the world equation, then things would go haywire. America may be big, grumpy and uncooperative, but they are still benevolent. You say that they have no right to disarm other countries of nuclear weapons, but, let's face it, there are a lot of countries that you really wouldn't want in possession of ICBMs. If the giant 'doorman' that is the USA were to be taken down, then the door would be open for all sorts of gatecrashers to enter the arena of nuclear dominance - some of them really aren't that friendly, understand?

In short, America's eminence as a superpower is in the entire world's best interests. They do (well, mostly) police the rest of the world, protecting the countries that are victims of aggressors, and removing threats, even before they become antagonistic. I agree that the USA does do a lot of things wrong (pollution, and whatnot), but they're still a force for good in the world.
    youve stepped in just in time Mr.White, wiwarin_mir was threatening to displace you as UKL Comedian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    youve stepped in just in time Mr.White, wiwarin_mir was threatening to displace you as UKL Comedian.
    Ah, my position is threatened - there's no way I could ever compete with an individual who inspires so much laughter.

ReputationRep:
    look, ignore the usa, they'll get bord of showing off, and leave everyone alone. England is worse than the usa, cause we just run around after them like a little pet dog, trying to clame some of the glory ourselfs. We should stop people from causing excessive damage ie setting off nukes, but we shouldn't stop them from having their little scruffles. The reason that the Us is attacked so much, is that they get involved when they have absolutly no right to. The 'developed countries' are the bigger brothers of the world, not the supreme overloards.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.