working in a clothes store Watch

laura_sparkle
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hey just wondering if anyone works in a clothes shop and how much discount you get?

i really want to get a job in a clothes shop when i go to uni. at the mo i work in new look and we get 50% off which is pretty good
laura
Rozaroo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't work in a clothes shop but 50% sounds really great. Why don't you ask if your job with new look can be transferred to a branch that is close to your uni when you go?
deerylou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im not sure but i heard that if you work in acessorize you get something like 75% off?? i know its not a clothes shop but still gr8
lazydays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When I worked in French Connection, we got a certain amount of clothes free! But that was because we had to wear them for work.
Lady_Muck
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I worked in monsoon/accessorize (latter, but the former has the same policy) and it's 75% off.
Mrs_F
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I used to work in Select and we got 50% off.
BloodyValentine
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My gf works in topshop and she gets 25% off plus 75% off 3 items of her choice either every 3 months or every year i can't quite remember
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I work in debenhams and I get 15%...25% after being there a year
amie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BloodyValentine)
My gf works in topshop and she gets 25% off plus 75% off 3 items of her choice either every 3 months or every year i can't quite remember
Its every three months, its the best part of the job!

Although, depending on the branch the clothes you get to pick from can be quite restricted. I've worked in very small branch of Topshop for just over a year and a half (although now I only work during holidays) and we literally pick any three things we want from the shop floor. Its pretty fab!

However, I worked in a much larger branch here at uni for a few months and for our uniform we were only allowed to pick one top, one pair of trousers/skirt and one pair of shoes. And the items that we picked had to be from certain collections! I was pretty screwed, one of the main looks they wanted us to go for was skinny jeans and stripes which I look horrendous in. Luckily enough, I quit that branch before they made me buy any uniform.
laura_sparkle
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
That sounds good! But then topshop is more expensive than new look in general, so you would need that 75% off for uniform. then again... i do prefer topshop clothes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (147)
27.68%
No (384)
72.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed