post graduate DSA

    • Thread Starter

    I have previously had an assessment and equipment when I was studying as an undergraduate student. My original assessment was in January 2010. I know they take into account the equipment I have already been given. I am going to apply again, do I just get in touch with uni directly? I have a copy of the assessment and I assume uni will have a copy. I think I'll be entitled to the general allowance but can't imagine what else I need.
    My first assessment was just over 2 years ago. Does anybody have any experience of being assessed at undergraduate level and then again at post graduate?


    A post grad course attracts a new 'stream' of funding so if any further equipment was necessary it could be funded. If your current equipment is working okay they will not just replace it as matter of cause (it is taxpayers money after all!) You will need to state that you intend to apply for DSA on your new funding application and the process will begin again.
    • Thread Starter

    I don't want it replacing, it's just more a case of I might as well apply if the option is there. Thanks for the reply
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Electronic notes or handwritten notes?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.