Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As we have the fantasy league http://www.uk-learning.net/t28738.html I thought it would be interesting for people to make predictions on this years championship.

Who do you think will win the championship?
    Will Michael have it easy this year?
    Is Mclaren sandbagging?
    What do you think of the William's nose?
    Are Renault and BAR as strong as they look in testing?
    Which car will be the fastest come Australia?

ReputationRep:
    F1 used to be good, then it was all about the people not the cars...

and Nigel Mansell's wife Roxanne is a weirdo (my dad used to write for Autocourse)

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I really don't care what happens this season as long as Michael doesn't win the championship again. I really hope it is one of the William's drivers, the team deserves it for how they managed to change their car last year from being very weak, to a car that could beat a Ferrari

ReputationRep:
    predictions:

sauber to do amazing,
    BAR will be better
    mclaren will be worse

ReputationRep:
    They have to change up gears themselves this season, should make it a little more interesting, maybe. They really need more overtaking, desperately. Pit battles are only so interesting for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    They have to change up gears themselves this season, should make it a little more interesting, maybe. They really need more overtaking, desperately. Pit battles are only so interesting for so long.
    the best way to encourage overtaking, would be to make the cars harder to drive, ie. no traction control, no launch control, manual gears etc. If the cars are harder to drive, they will make more mistakes and then more overtaking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    the best way to encourage overtaking, would be to make the cars harder to drive, ie. no traction control, no launch control, manual gears etc. If the cars are harder to drive, they will make more mistakes and then more overtaking!
    Yes which is why I mentioned the change to manual change ups! They've always shifted down themselves but the computer did their up shifts perfectly for them. I think making the cars a bit more rubust would help too... the slightest bump usually means retirement or a long pit stop which almost always means race over, so overtaking is very risky. Especially the way Schumacher drives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Yes which is why I mentioned the change to manual change ups! They've always shifted down themselves but the computer did their up shifts perfectly for them. I think making the cars a bit more rubust would help too... the slightest bump usually means retirement or a long pit stop which almost always means race over, so overtaking is very risky. Especially the way Schumacher drives.
    yeah, stronger cars would be good, also it should be good this year via a friend of ours called competition!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.