The Student Room Group

Poll: Do you have dinner at the table with your family, or in front of the TV?

Scroll to see replies

My family have always kind of had dinner in the lounge on the couch, with the TV on. To be fair, we have moved around loads so don't actually have a table and chairs. You could call it sad but we are all still extremely close and engage in conversation whilst eating. :smile:
Usually either at my computer or in the living room infront of the tv.
I dont have a big family, its just me and my dad, so theres no point really. We still talk even if we're eating infront of the TV.

The dining table doesnt get used so its been pushed into the corner and now used as a college work/revision table.
(edited 12 years ago)
Mostly in front of the TV

If I am hunting for my food then usually I will eat my catch on the spot
Reply 23
Not TV tbh, but watching some American trash show on the computer.

Yes, my sister is fond of these super-rich women- the real Housewives of X [insert American state]...the latest actually now being shifted to Vancouver, Canada. After watching all this trash numerous times, it's going to become at one point, where I'm going to think anyone without plastic surgery is abnormal. :erm:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 24
under my duvet.
I usually eat dinner in front of the TV with at least one family member, with the exception of christmas day where we eat at the table. We would all eat at the table together,but our schedules/tv preferences dont exactly all fit! E.G My mum tends to work either 6am - 6pm or 7pm - 7am shifts so if she is home for some dinner, it tends to be a quick snack before she goes to bed. Also, my favourite tv shows are on from 6pm-8pm, hence me usually eating dinner in front of the TV.
Table, no TV, with the exceptions of Fridays and Saturdays.
About half the time I eat it at the table with the family; the other half the whole family watches tv :smile:
depends what we're eating, too.
It varies, generally at the dinner table although sometimes it's in the lounge on our laps in front of the tv! We always have a sunday meal at the dinner table though.
We rarely eat together at the table, people usually eat at different times anyway.
Reply 30
It varies, we are not always in the house at the same time. However, EVERY Sunday, we all eat a roast dinner at the table :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by A level Az
Both? We have a TV in our kitchen :smile:

Same here !!! :biggrin:
In front of the tv with family or alone. The table always has other crap (laptops, printers, mountains of paper and newspapers, random boxes) on it that we can't be bothered to move.
We all eat together in the living room in front of the tv. Our dining room table gets used once a year...Christmas Day! :rolleyes:
At my own flat: in front the telly in the front room :gangster:

At my mum's: in front the telly in my ROOM which we each do. She has a dinner table but it's for storing stuff lol
In front of the TV with my mum and sister.

Quick Reply

Latest