Which uni/degree should I pick to be able to get a good career in PR/marketing?

Watch
Poll: Which Uni/Degree should I do?
Bournemouth - PR (1)
11.11%
City University - Business Studies (1)
11.11%
Durham - Marketing (5)
55.56%
Lancaster - Marketing Management (2)
22.22%
scaredofexams
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Please help me as I am SO confused and really want some good advice.

I really want to get into PR and Marketing and work in London.

For companies etc, which degree/uni our of my four offers do you think is more ideal/preferred?

Bournemouth - PR
City University - Business Studies
Durham - Marketing
Lancaster - Marketing Management

Thank you!
oxymoronic
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by scaredofexams)
Please help me as I am SO confused and really want some good advice.

I really want to get into PR and Marketing and work in London.

For companies etc, which degree/uni our of my four offers do you think is more ideal/preferred?

Bournemouth - PR
City University - Business Studies
Durham - Marketing
Lancaster - Marketing Management

Thank you!
Have a look at which universities have modules which lead to some exemptions from the Chartered Institute of Marketing professional accreditation courses. Some universities do have some module exemptions whereas others do not, similarly some universities have additional courses post gradation which will allow you to gain the full diploma. If you are serious about entering marketing then this professional accreditation is something you will need to look into studying in the future.

However, have you actually visited your choices? Durham and Lancaster are very small town communities where the university is the centre of life in the town. Lancaster is a campus university and a 10 minute or so bus ride from actual Lancaster. If you want to be in London or even in a city, then these universities are probably not for you. Again, Bournemouth is a relatively small place on the south coast and I believe it is a campus university - again, not probably the place you want to be if you want to be in somewhere like London. Yet, your courses are totally different - you need to look at each course and rule out what you do and don't want to do. Business Studies is completely different to marketing, which will be different to PR - first and foremost you need to work out which one of these courses you actually want to study. Once you know that you can begin to consider location.
scaredofexams
Rep:
?
Durham is winning at the moment with all 4 voters choosing it
scaredofexams
Rep:
?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise