This discussion is closed.
allstardisaster
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I've had offers to study Philosophy at both Glasgow uni and Edinburgh uni - both the same offer BBBB, so depending on any other offers I get, I'' be accepting one of these for my firm or insurance.

I'm just looking for any opinions on which is the better uni/course etc?

Ta!
VoodooDoll
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'd pick Edinburgh, i think its generall regarded as a much better uni overall, and David Hume studied their too.
Marie55
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I went to the visiting days at both of those unis and tbh, I'd say they're both really nice places with buzzing atmospheres. Edinburgh is certainly more highly regarded as a university but Glasgow is better for certain subjects-don't know about philosophy though.
I didn't see the halls at edinburgh but I saw the queen margaret halls in glasgow which were really modern/comfortable/convenient. I think they're possibly the most expensive ones though. I thought Glasgow would be more run down than Edinburgh but the university is in a good part of Glasgow.
As cities, both of them have a lot going for them for shopping, clubbing and culture so I'm sure u'll have fun at whichever u choose. Good luck!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (99)
53.51%
No they should not (65)
35.14%
Abstain (21)
11.35%

Watched Threads