Is anyone interested in the UK's railway system? Watch

JollyJo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My dad owns two full size diesel engines one of which is the last to be bulit in swindon works and is currently based at the dean forest railway in gloustershire,:cool: where it originally worked. i helped to refurb it when i was about 7.
beach surf babe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh Virgin Trains....such wonderful memories of spending 3 hours stood up squished in like sardines and sudden changes to timetable resulting in an 8 hour journey from Sheffield to Bournemouth with a 2 hour wait at Tamworth and then Birmingham where the staff were on strike and you didn't know which platform your train was arriving on till the last minute.

In summary trains can be really rubbish here but then on the odd occasion they work ok, you get to your destination on time and then pass out with the shock of it!!
sergioib
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I personally used the London underground, SouthEastern trains and Southern trains and I had no problem with them, on the contrary, I loved them and found them suitable, fast and comfortable. There was a lot of information at the stations and it was easy to buy a ticket and get on a train. I especially liked Southeastern trains, by the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads