vivaespana
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi,
I'm doing my spanish oral next week on the topic "¿Debería estar prohibido fumar en lugares públicos?" (Should smoking be banned in public places?) and was wondering if anyone had any reasons why they think it should not be banned? Also any tips would be great.
Thanks
flutegirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sadly I cannot help with the reasons for smoking in public but just in general, relax, smile a lot, and just treat the examiner like someone you're having a nice little chat with (over some imaginary tea and biscuits) good luck...i'll be following in your footsteps with my A2 Spanish oral in a few weeks also not edexcel, though.
chrissie19913
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
isn't that really early for oral? i haven't even got my date?! im doing ccea tho. talk about risks of cancer/secondary smoke. talk about the law already in spain regarding smoking and what your opinion etc is. good luck
flutegirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chrissie19913)
isn't that really early for oral? i haven't even got my date?! im doing ccea tho. talk about risks of cancer/secondary smoke. talk about the law already in spain regarding smoking and what your opinion etc is. good luck
im doing ccea too- dont know my date either, but on the ccea website, it says all A level orals will be between 1st and 31st May. So basically you'll have it in May You'll probs find out the date once you go back after easter.
stellz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hope your oral went well-I do edexcel too, and i was wondering whether you knew what percentage of your grade the oral is worth? overall?
bananaterracottapie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey sorry to bump an old thread.....but does anyone have any examples of what they wrote about for their spanish oral, it will be much appreciated!
chrissie19913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bananaterracottapie)
hey sorry to bump an old thread.....but does anyone have any examples of what they wrote about for their spanish oral, it will be much appreciated!
When is ur oral? U need to write a presentation ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
bananaterracottapie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When is ur oral? U need to write a presentation ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile

10th may....i have written a rough one more or less, for euthanasia, but am not sure of the format :/ or whether it is enough...
chrissie19913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I never done mine last year due to chicken pox! I rewrote mine this year anyway on el tabaco, u need 4/5 points. It needs to link in with Spanish culture though, so do you plan to talk about euthanasia in Spain? Or a particular case of euthanasia in Spain? Your presentation should last 3 mins so time yourself them you will get asked questions about your topic such as why have you chosen euthanasia so you could have answers generally prepared x

Posted from TSR Mobile
sunfowers01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bananaterracottapie)
10th may....i have written a rough one more or less, for euthanasia, but am not sure of the format :/ or whether it is enough...
You could talk about the film Mar Adentro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
chrissie19913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sunfowers01)
You could talk about the film Mar Adentro.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My AS is el tabaco and my A2 is la tomatina...

Some people do films, regions, la dieta mediteranea. Avoid talking of a Spanish person as there's little to debate x

Posted from TSR Mobile
iamsherlocked
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I never done mine last year due to chicken pox! I rewrote mine this year anyway on el tabaco, u need 4/5 points. It needs to link in with Spanish culture though, so do you plan to talk about euthanasia in Spain? Or a particular case of euthanasia in Spain? Your presentation should last 3 mins so time yourself them you will get asked questions about your topic such as why have you chosen euthanasia so you could have answers generally prepared x

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're talking about the Edexcel A2 oral, the presentation is supposed to be 1 minute, definitely not 3! And it says on the specification that it doesn't have to relate to Spanish culture. x
chrissie19913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iamsherlocked)
If you're talking about the Edexcel A2 oral, the presentation is supposed to be 1 minute, definitely not 3! And it says on the specification that it doesn't have to relate to Spanish culture. x
Woops my board is CEA! ( Northern Ireland) so must be different!

Posted from TSR Mobile
SoRo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
sorry to but in but the oral doesnt have to link to spanish culture
chrissie19913
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SoRo)
sorry to but in but the oral doesnt have to link to spanish culture
I already commented that I'm doing a different board.., my board you have to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ajh724
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hay muchas razones por las cuales fumar deberia estar permitido en lugares publicos. No que este de acuerdo con ellas pero se deberian tomar en consideracion.
1) En restaurantes, por ejemplo, siempre va a haber gente que nos moleste. Solamente por que a ti no te guste fumar no se ignifica que otra gente no pueda fumar para pasarselo bien. Vivimos en una democracia y deberianos de acceptar las decisiones de los demas.
2) Fumar es una manera de socialicarse con gente igual que vever alcohol. En la vida siempre va a haber riesgos pero no se ignifica que deberiamos tener reglas para limitar estos riesgos. No solo hace la vida mas aburrida pero pero tambien mas injusta para la gente que la quiera aprovechar.
3) Si permitimos que estas reglas se mantengan quien sabe a lo mejor un dia prohiben vever alcohol o incluso prohibir de fumar en cualquier lugar.

I dont agree with any of these statements but for the sake of arguing..

Posted from TSR Mobile
iamsherlocked
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ajh724)
Hay muchas razones por las cuales fumar deberia estar permitido en lugares publicos. No es que este de acuerdo con ellas pero se deberian tomarlas en consideracion.
1) En restaurantes, por ejemplo, siempre va a haber gente que nos moleste. Solamente porque a ti no te guste fumar no significa que otra gente no pueda fumar para pasarselo bien. Vivimos en una democracia y deberiamos aceptar las decisiones de los demas.
2) Fumar es una manera de socializar con gente igual que beber alcohol. En la vida siempre va a haber riesgos pero no significa que deberiamos tener reglas para limitar estos riesgos. No solo hace la vida mas aburrida pero tambien mas injusta para la gente que quiera aprovecharla.
3) Si permitimos que estas reglas se mantengan quien sabe a lo mejor un dia prohiben beber alcohol o incluso prohibir fumar en cualquier lugar.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I just made a few corrections
Ajh724
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I dont agree with corrections coming from a fluent speaker

Posted from TSR Mobile
iamsherlocked
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok I went back and edited some of them back in my post which I may have got wrong...but perhaps with some things like 'vever', 'se ignifica' you are writing them like how you would say them out loud?
Ronove
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by iamsherlocked)
Ok I went back and edited some of them back in my post which I may have got wrong...but perhaps with some things like 'vever', 'se ignifica' you are writing them like how you would say them out loud?
There absolutely are some terrible spelling mistakes in that post. Just because you're fluent doesn't mean you write good Spanish. I see this kind of spelling from Latin American WoW players all the time but don't bother saying anything about it - there at least it's equivalent to txt spk, but when you're trying to write an argumentative academic text, you should not be making those mistakes. There is absolutely no way you would get away with that kind of stuff in an A-level exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?