The Student Room Group

Yahoo uses 'Web Beacons'

This is a copy and paste from another site. I checked it out and it appears to be true. I "opt out" just to make sure.

------------------------------

Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo users around the net and see what you're doing and where you are going - similar to cookies. If you are at all concerned with people knowing where you go or what you do on yahoo......check it out. Yahoo can track us and see what kind of sites we are looking at!!

Take a look at their updated privacy statement:

Code:
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

Here's how to OPT OUT OF IT, Which I did, first thing!

About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo! Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping. I strongly recommend that you do this.

Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice the "Success" message the top the next page. Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button that, if clicked, will *undo** the opt-out. Feel free to forward this to other groups. Of course, if you don't mind Yahoo recording every website and every group you visit you should ignore this message.
Reply 1
Do you have something to hide? :smile:
Reply 2
Got no beef - nothing to hide. Sounds like aaaaarrrrggh does though! :eek:
Reply 3
Who told you that? I dont know anything!! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending