I need glasses! Watch

chewing_phat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
OK, so I'm having an eye test Monday, and I'm pretty sure I have to have glasses, for reading blackboard etc at school. I was just wondering what kind of frames are in fashion? Or what frames would suit my fairly narrow face?

:suitc: :suitd:
mrteacher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
gucci always has really nice stuff. my favourite is Emanual Ungaro eyewear for specs...[what i have now]. please don't get any sort of black square glasses. try something framelss but hip, not with gold or anything like that.
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rectangle black ones.. Like Nick Robinson (??) - political correspondent on ITN - easily the coolest man on ITV.
chewing_phat
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Conflicting advice dudes!
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Get whatever suits you best. The assistants should be able to advise you.
OppressedMass
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well - If you're going for the political correspondent, witty, intellectual cool look go for my advice
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just try a lot on. Don't go for the "latest fashion" frames if they don't suit you- go for the ones that look best on you.
unique2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have rimless. armani.

But nowadays I wear contact lenses.
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
Just try on hundreds of pairs of frames. When you put the right pair on you shall know and in the end go back to them. It is what happened with me and my beautiful black moschino glasses with sparkly bits. I love them. Try not to listen to the assistants too much..one was trying to get me to buy some lovely but not me at all playboy glasses. Just go with what looks good!!
mypaperheart
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have emporio armani ones which are really nice
tbm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have some really cool silver Red or Dead ones with square frames, also have some Osiris ones with black frames. Like the others have said just try on loads until you find some you like.
jr2007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got osiris with silver frame and rimless armarni and prefer the rimless. If your really worried get contacts, they're so cheap these days but i reckon rimless glasses make you look sophisticated without losing who you are

If you do need em, no biggy just ty on a few frames and see what suits. At the end of the day, theres no one size fits all and opticians have loads of choice. If you want cheap rimless go to www.glassesdirect.co.uk who sell em for cheaper prices than the shop.
mini_mad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I really like my black rectangular glasses
Ms Kooky
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
There will be hundreds of pairs in the shop. Try on as many as you can. Some might be in fashion but will look terrible on you, and some might be out of fashion but will look brilliant. Glasses are one of those items that really are different for every person. Some frames shapes are said to be better for certain face shapes, but the colour, the material they're made out of... all those can influence how they look.

So... erm... yeah. Just try on a lot, and pick a top ten. The make that a top eight, top six... keep chopping it down till you've got the best pair. Take a mate with you to help.
aaronc2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
chunky black rimmed
lolly pop
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got sme realli nice chunky black rimmed guess glasses from boots the other week! they were reduced from £185 to £99 then i got them for £66 cos i get money off as i still get mine on the nhs!
happydinosaur
Badges: 14
Report 12 years ago
I really wanted some chunky black rimmed ones but I decided to be sensible and not buy because they were far too harsh for my face. I went for a more subtle black frame with pretty sparkly things. Chosing glasses is fun so just go and enjoy!!
ellewoods
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by OppressedMass)
Well - If you're going for the political correspondent, witty, intellectual cool look go for my advice
I agree. I have Nick-Robinson glasses, I love them. Im a law student so I sit in my lectures feeling very intelligent, even if I have no idea whats going on :rolleyes:

Mine are Chanel, but they were wait-listed at the time ... luckily my boyfriend sorted it out and pulled some strings and got them for me

But just to reiterate everyone else on here, try everything on and go with what looks best on YOU
Mafer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
which ones suits u, then it is the ONE! And I think every glasses give u different feelings...depends on how u wanna feel like and how u want urself look like...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (261)
26.74%
No (715)
73.26%

Watched Threads