The Student Room Group

OCR PSYCHOLOGY G542 core studies May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by partofme
I wasn't sure about that.. I think I wrote about the vertical eye movement and that most of the dream recalls involved looking up and climbing ladders which meant that they were dreaming in the REM sleep.. and I also wrote that there were more dream recalls when they were woken in the REM sleep than when they were in NREM sleep which is also an evidence of dreaming in the REM stage.. I hope it makes any sense hehe :P
What did you write?

:L, I wrote something about climbing ladder and tomato fight, but I didnt write it with good psychology terminology hahah, wishing for good examiner :L
I am so happy on how this exam went :smile: Section B I did Piliavin and Section C Developmental!

What did everyone put for the Thigpen & Cleckley question about 2 pieces of evidence to support MPD?

I don't know why i described eve's personalities and talked about their IQ scores and there EEG Reading's! I know its wrong but other than that everything else went awesome :smile:
Original post by aisha302
would i get 0 for having 4 weaknesses in the 12mark Q ?

Did you state any strengths?
Reply 263
It wasnt bad you know but i mucked the up procedure so badly :frown: for section B maguire. hmm section A not bad WTF was that milgrim q ?. Section C i did indiviual diffrences i wrote 2 strengths and 4 weaknesses i kinda waffled lol but overall not bad :smile:

What was your procedure for macguire, i did him also?
Reply 264
It wasnt bad you know but i mucked the up procedure so badly :frown: for section B maguire. hmm section A not bad WTF was that milgrim q ?. Section C i did indiviual diffrences i wrote 2 strengths and 4 weaknesses i kinda waffled lol but overall not bad :smile:

milgram question was bit strange but basically its when independent reasearchers were invited to observe participants when they were giving shocks to learner. so qualitative data was `participant biting lips, crying and shaking` well I think it is :L
Reply 265
People who did Piliavin for section B - what did you write about the procedure, findings and reliability of findings? Thanks :smile:
Reply 266
Original post by mkhan9035
I am so happy on how this exam went :smile: Section B I did Piliavin and Section C Developmental!

What did everyone put for the Thigpen & Cleckley question about 2 pieces of evidence to support MPD?

I don't know why i described eve's personalities and talked about their IQ scores and there EEG Reading's! I know its wrong but other than that everything else went awesome :smile:

yh i wrote about IQ scores aswell, I said there were 2 different IQ scores suggesting two different personalities, and that the letter sent to the psychiatrist was in two different handwritings again suggestin two different personalities. I hope thats right lol, it was defo in top 3 hardest questions on paper :L
Original post by ke95
People who did Piliavin for section B - what did you write about the procedure, findings and reliability of findings? Thanks :smile:

Procedure i stated what all the 4 observer students did i.e 2 female observers and 2 male observers, 1 playing role of victim 1 of helper
They observed how people would react to the victim collapsing in critical adjacent area etc.
70 seconds 150 seconds and some other stuff (can't remember)

findings i messed up i said same race helping did happen but wasn't significant, people helped ill victim more than drunk victim. spontaneous help was offered. And also that people didn't want to help the drunk victim because he might be violent

Reliability was confusing but i said they used 2 observers - could have missed behaviors
could have had bias
and some other stuff

What about you? :smile:
Did anyone else do Savage-Rumbaugh for section B? So far, it seems like people were very biased towards choosing Piliavin.

I did it but wasn't completely sure as to how to properly explain the procedure, so I mentioned how the data was recorded both inside and outside, described an example of a formal test and something else which I can't quite remember... come to think of it, it wasn't my best answer ever written but I loved all the other Part B questions enough for Savage-Rumbaugh to take the risk.
Reply 269
Original post by JenniGold
I can honestly say I thought the Kanzi question was the worst question on the paper so I just wrote about how she went into the forest to find things blah blah, I know I got it wrong but I didn't want to leave a blank space lol

hahaha, yh it was a nasty question, I did it in last 5 minutes I didnt want to leave it blank :L
what did you write for that 4 marker on piliavin, something about `one control rsearchers kept`
Reply 270
Original post by zaneali
hahaha, yh it was a nasty question, I did it in last 5 minutes I didnt want to leave it blank :L
what did you write for that 4 marker on piliavin, something about `one control rsearchers kept`

The pole in the critical area u? I was pleased there was a question on Piliavin, as I did the Piliavin questions on section B, I revised that one loads lol what study did you do on section B?
(edited 11 years ago)
Yeah i hated that question, the savage rumbaugh one and the baron cohen one :P
Reply 272
The pole in the critical area u? I was pleased there was a question on Piliavin, as I did the Piliavin questions on section B, I revised that one loads lol what study did you do on section B?

I had no clue for that question :L, it was 4 marks and I wrote two lines haha, I said something like the victim needs to behave in a standardised manner, I didnt really revise piliavin, just knew basics
Yh i did piliavin in section b, it was straight forward just the 10 marker I couldnt think of second change :L. No way was I going to do maguire or savage rumbaugh :L
Original post by zaneali
I had no clue for that question :L, it was 4 marks and I wrote two lines haha, I said something like the victim needs to behave in a standardised manner, I didnt really revise piliavin, just knew basics
Yh i did piliavin in section b, it was straight forward just the 10 marker I couldnt think of second change :L. No way was I going to do maguire or savage rumbaugh :L

I said include people who use the subway between 9-5
Do the study in a supermarket
Do an observation about a woman walking and dropping her books and then seeing who'd help her and repeat it for males and compare to see which gender is likely to be helped!
I loved the idea of a 2 marker, 4 6 markers and 1 10 marker instead of 2 8 markers :smile:
Reply 274
Original post by mkhan9035
I said include people who use the subway between 9-5
Do the study in a supermarket
Do an observation about a woman walking and dropping her books and then seeing who'd help her and repeat it for males and compare to see which gender is likely to be helped!
I loved the idea of a 2 marker, 4 6 markers and 1 10 marker instead of 2 8 markers :smile:

hahaha, yh your changes sound good :L, aslong as you evaluated them you done well on that question
and yh the structures much better, makes it easier
Original post by zaneali
hahaha, yh your changes sound good :L, aslong as you evaluated them you done well on that question
and yh the structures much better, makes it easier

Yeah i did, i said using people who use subway 9-5 is more representative
supermarket study is high in ecological validity
helping the woman can allow us to draw comparisons as to which gender is more helpful (obviously in more detail haha)
Reply 276
Original post by zaneali

I said the victim always boarded the train at Harlem which traveled to the Bronx, the victim would then always exhibit the same symptoms before falling down 70 seconds after the door closed (Critical area) and then i said it makes it consistent, that's what i wrote
Reply 277
Original post by zaneali

I actually hate the Savage Rumbaugh study lol, so glad that Piliavin came up though. How did you find section C?
Reply 278
I actually hate the Savage Rumbaugh study lol, so glad that Piliavin came up though. How did you find section C?

section c was wicked :L, I did it straight away, but im slow at writing so took like 35 minutes doing it haha, I did developmental approach, which one did you do?
Reply 279
Original post by Joshalos
Did anyone else do Savage-Rumbaugh for section B? So far, it seems like people were very biased towards choosing Piliavin.

I did it but wasn't completely sure as to how to properly explain the procedure, so I mentioned how the data was recorded both inside and outside, described an example of a formal test and something else which I can't quite remember... come to think of it, it wasn't my best answer ever written but I loved all the other Part B questions enough for Savage-Rumbaugh to take the risk.

I did Savage-Rumbaugh, mainly because I didn't like the other two studies haha. And I wrote that too (more or less xP)! Hope it was enough for the 6 marks tho.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending