Fees Questionnaire - Royal Holloway University of London

Watch
This discussion is closed.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm slightly confused. I've got a conditional offer from them, but do i have to fill out the fees Questionnaire they've sent? Kings college London didn't ask for one, using my ucas form they classed me as a home student. Can't Royal Holloway do the same?
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
no one?
claire1985
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
no one?
I ignored that and they sent me it in early November, i figured if they wanted it they would chase it up :-)
B00kwOrm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm slightly confused. I've got a conditional offer from them, but do i have to fill out the fees Questionnaire they've sent? Kings college London didn't ask for one, using my ucas form they classed me as a home student. Can't Royal Holloway do the same?
I actually asked them about that, seeing that there is more detail on the UCAS form than on the Fee Assessment Questionnaire, which is silly, but never mind. They said yes, you have to fill it in, otherwise you'll be billed the standard fee (10k) which you don't want. But that form is ridiculously easy to fill in, you just tick "Home/EU student", sign it, date it and send it off.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by B00kwOrm)
I actually asked them about that, seeing that there is more detail on the UCAS form than on the Fee Assessment Questionnaire, which is silly, but never mind. They said yes, you have to fill it in, otherwise you'll be billed the standard fee (10k) which you don't want. But that form is ridiculously easy to fill in, you just tick "Home/EU student", sign it, date it and send it off.
Oh maybe I should do it then... hehe
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
:eek: i was about to throw it away. Better go and find it!
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
Oh maybe I should do it then... hehe
Lol, like you need to bother... That form is designed for asylum seekers and stuff, when you're a home or EU student it doesn't make sense, but they have to get their budget right.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol, like you need to bother... That form is designed for asylum seekers and stuff, when you're a home or EU student it doesn't make sense, but they have to get their budget right.
Why don't i need to bother? I might end up going there *shock horror*!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
And i think i did lose it- asssuming that it wasn't important. Where can i get another one?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And i think i did lose it- asssuming that it wasn't important. Where can i get another one?
Just email them, i'm sure they'll send you another one
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah right... with all the other unis you got offers from... though I might end up there. Would be great being in lectures and seminars together, but rather at Durham!
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
rather at Durham!
Yeah.. Me too
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's in that booklet they sent you with the letter confirming your offer. Never mind. Just ask for another one. I would have thought they'd have it for download, maybe they do?
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah.. Me too
lol, you don't fancy the LSE now, do you, after your little clash with Mr W.A.S-I'm-at-LSE-Hewins?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol, you don't fancy the LSE now, do you, after your little clash with Mr W.A.S-I'm-at-LSE-Hewins?
Oh you read that too? Then no doubt you saw MAtt's reply? Hehe... No, it seems to grown up for me there but I will go if i don;t get into Durham me thinks, although have booked myself on to an Open DAy at York for next week
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh you read that too? Then no doubt you saw MAtt's reply? Hehe... No, it seems to grown up for me there but I will go if i don;t get into Durham me thinks, although have booked myself on to an Open DAy at York for next week
Yes indeed, very strong stuff! I'm surprised it didn't get edited by a mod. Yeah, do have a look at York, tell me what it's like, I was a bit put off by their course structure I must say, it seemed strange to me. LSE certainly is a great second choice.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes indeed, very strong stuff! I'm surprised it didn't get edited by a mod. Yeah, do have a look at York, tell me what it's like, I was a bit put off by their course structure I must say, it seemed strange to me. LSE certainly is a great second choice.
Yeah hopefully that's all it will be, though-i really want to go to Durham :-). I think their course structure is quite good, just questioning their repuation and whether I could live there. It is certainly a nice offer, AAB inc G.S if I want.
B00kwOrm
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yeah hopefully that's all it will be, though-i really want to go to Durham :-). I think their course structure is quite good, just questioning their repuation and whether I could live there. It is certainly a nice offer, AAB inc G.S if I want.
I wasn't saying York's course structure is bad, I just found it very confusing, most of all compared to the other unis I looked at. I hope you'll like it, enjoy the open day!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (19)
39.58%
Take autumn exams (18)
37.5%
Look for a job (1)
2.08%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.08%
Take a year out (6)
12.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.25%

Watched Threads