Pirate themed party Watch

lil_sweetie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
My friend is having a pirate theme for her 18th party - help! Any ideas on what I should wear? There are loads of black+white stripy tops around at the mo so that shouldn't be a problem...but on bottom? I was thinking maybe a pleated skirt and black boots - I want to look cute (ridiculous as that sounds!) :rolleyes: Any ideas?
hippieglitter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if you wanna be a sexy pirate, then yes, one of the nice stripy tops that are around, a mid length skirt and knee boots, possibly with a heel. also to set it off you could wear a pirate hat.
lil_sweetie
Rep:
?
Nah not really going for sexy - just cute rather than a total spaz trying to dress up properly...think I'll go for a shortish black skirt and flat black boots, and a stripy top.
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sounds really cool! Get a parrot..that'd be cute :p:
lil_sweetie
Rep:
?
Kinda like this maybe?

http://www.dorothyperkins.co.uk/promostores/dp/2006/

http://www.warehouse.co.uk/pws/Produ...?ProductID=213

With black tights and my black boots...whaddya think? Could that look too slutty?
demonbuttercup
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wear a black waistcoat over a stripy top! I went to one of those and went a bit over the top (always do)... i wore black cropped trousers, white shirt, black waistcoat and a black velvet admiral jacket. And a pirate hat
phantom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dress up as a parrot...
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, I think a little black skirt would look pretty cool, and you could tie a red scarf around your waist or something to be extra piratey.
lil_sweetie
Rep:
?
(Original post by nuclearbuddha)
Yeah, I think a little black skirt would look pretty cool, and you could tie a red scarf around your waist or something to be extra piratey.
Good ideas, thanks everyone! :tsr2:
spider from mars
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yarrr!

God, I LOVE pirates.

Me and my friends had a pirate themed party once. But it was a bit spur of the moment. We basically just got drunk and then decided to have one. We all went a bit crazy with the eyeliner-beards. Good times.

I think you should definitely get some kind of hat. I like the red scarf idea too.
kupoartist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Pick yourself some Pirate Phrases to show that you're really keen
LFC_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wear lots of jewelry and buy a sword/eye patch aswell to set it off! Me and my friends always go to fancy dress parties as pirates!
lazza
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if you have myspace check out my pics. i've got a polaroid of me as a pirate

i wore a big satin ruffly skirt, stripey top, tied up shirt, fishnets, green satin boots, pirate hat, loads of jewellery and i had a sword that made noises
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1130)
79.02%
Leave (300)
20.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise