avoidance Watch

OctoberPoppy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dede)
You have really interesting things to say, but I would be able to take you a lot more seriously if you would stop writing in pink.

Just a suggestion.
Aw, but I really like my pink font Can't you just left click and highlight- it turns dark blue then..
Talon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by *Arc)
Poor person? I don't think so. I only ignore people who have REALLY irritated me. Why should I expend my energies on supposed 'friends' who make arrangements to meet me and then decide that they can't be bothered to come and don't even phone, so I wait around for half an hour in the cold?? And then don't even say sorry. Or how about the 'friends' that manipulate and twist other friends against you?? The 'friends' that plagarize your ideas and get credit for them after you trustingly lend them your essay because they're 'finding the topic difficult'. Such people aren't friends; they deserve to be ignored (and worse- if I was heartless then it'd be a damn sight more that merely ignoring them). If they don't know why they're being ignored...well, they have strange ideas of friendship. It's as horrible to ignore people as it is to be ignored. I've been on both sides and I don't do ignoring tactics peevishly, only as a method of self-protection: why should I risk getting hurt any further by them?
Which is a different situation, because they HAVE done something....sheesh...
ladygrey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Talon)
yeah... in this case, i got in a fight with his best mate (who is my best mates boyfriend). However, the boyfriend/best mate isnt mad at me, my best friend isnt mad at me, and no one else is mad at me. I apologised to the bf/bm (I shouldn't have yelled at him, but I did have legitimate gripes with him). So yeah, I called him (the guy who isnt talking to me) last night, and was like (leaving a message) "Okay... this is the LAST time I'm calling you about this. Please tell me if we have a problem here, and we'll fix it. But if you're just avoiding me... that sucks. I hope to hear back from you soon."
OctoberPoppy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Talon)
and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon
I have a word for people that ignore someone and dont tell them what the problem is: Childish.

Its the sort of thing primary school kids do.

Sometimes it would be ten times worse if you spoke to the person. I sometimes ignore people rather than deal with issues, as I know that if I open my mouth, something awful is going to come out- like opening Pandora's box and that the damage would be irreversible. Some things are just too cruel to be uttered, making silence not childish but necessary.

I was never talking about ignoring people as a bullying tactic where the recipient genuinely has done nothing to merit such treatment- merely as a way of avoiding issues (ie: the other person has done something and it's too potentially catastrophic/ time wasting/ upsetting to bring it all up).
Anonymous #2
Report 12 years ago
i feel stupid saying this but its something that im doing to two people at the moment but i havnt told them why im avoiding and ignoring them! there are 2 reasons why i am and 1) is because they started shouting at me for not talking to them when i had lost my voice and 2) because they go round college breaking lights, snapping door handles off doors, setting off burgular alarms etc and i just don't want to be involved in it!
the don't know this and im not going to tell them as they know what they have done wrong but just won't admit it! sorry for rambling on
ladygrey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i feel stupid saying this but its something that im doing to two people at the moment but i havnt told them why im avoiding and ignoring them! there are 2 reasons why i am and 1) is because they started shouting at me for not talking to them when i had lost my voice and 2) because they go round college breaking lights, snapping door handles off doors, setting off burgular alarms etc and i just don't want to be involved in it!
the don't know this and im not going to tell them as they know what they have done wrong but just won't admit it! sorry for rambling on
oh dear... well if they're involved in illegal behavior its a bit different
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads