The Student Room Group

St Marys University Twickenham

Ok so I've got a conditional to study sport science in St Marys in September, and because I'm from Ireland and did my exams a few years ago I know once I send my official results over I'll get fully accepted!

So I'm just wondering is there anybody else that has applied to study this? I know a few people who have studied here and they have advised me of good student halls for 1st year, to get to know people and stuff, but any other advice would be appreciated! As I'm from Ireland there aren't many people who I could ask so I found this forum online and said I'd give t a go!

Basically I'm just looking for a bit of advice on heading over, where to live and all that jazz. So if anybody has studied there, or has applied to study here, any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
I have applie here and if you go on their website and go on to accomodation and then accomodation available it gives you the options of their different halls, alternatively if you dont want to stay in halls they give you a link to a local estate agency to help find a house share. They send applications for halls in mid May I think so you'll be sent information soon anyway. I sent copies of my grade certificates today too! Hope this helps :smile:

http://www.smuc.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/halls.htm
Reply 2
Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 3
@kevinmckeigue, I'm in the exact same boat as you.. coming from Ireland, etc.

I've applied for my PGCE and I'm after sending off my deposit for the postgrad residence in Twickenham, I'm not sure but its said to be off-campus and with other postgrads.
My reason for living in student accomodation, is simply to get to know people, cause I'm going over by myself.

Michelle :smile:
Reply 4
I'm the exact same, I dont really want to go live in a house and not get to know people! Are you planning on going over to suss the place out before you start? Cant wait to start over there!
Reply 5
Anyone gonna be a fresher in september???!?!
Reply 6
Original post by durdle
@kevinmckeigue, I'm in the exact same boat as you.. coming from Ireland, etc.

I've applied for my PGCE and I'm after sending off my deposit for the postgrad residence in Twickenham, I'm not sure but its said to be off-campus and with other postgrads.
My reason for living in student accomodation, is simply to get to know people, cause I'm going over by myself.

Michelle :smile:

@ michelle

Congrats on getting a place. I'm going over to London for an interview for PGCE June 1st and if it goes well I may look at accommodation. What is the name of the place you have put a deposit on? I can't really seem to find specific post-grad accom on the internet?
Reply 7
Original post by ahusband1
Anyone gonna be a fresher in september???!?!

Yeahh... I'm going to be a fresher. Applied for halls this morning!!
Reply 8
What halls did you apply for? Think I'm going to apply for Graham, Wiseman and Doyle! Heard theyre the best for freshers!
Reply 9
Sorry I'm only seeing this now guys!
I've applied for the St.Mary's Postgrad residence, cause I literally wouldn't know where to start area-wise if I had to search for somewhere.

@Kevin, was over for my interview there about a month ago, but I'm planning on scooting over a few days early, just to get my bearings properly.

If you guys are planning on applying for residence, you can wait on them to send you your pack with all the health/mental/etc etc forms, but its first come first serve so if you want to go ahead with it, then you guys can email the accomodation officer, Dave Roberts, he's lovely and really helpful. I'l add the wee bit that I have about his contact info below.

Dave Roberts
Accommodation Officer
St Mary's University College
Waldegrave Road
Twickenham
TW1 4SX

(020 8240 4034)
: [email protected]
: www.smuc.ac.uk/accommodation

Hope this helps!

Also, do any of you know what the deal is with applying for the bursaries for the PGCE?
Is there an application form/process?

Cheers, Michelle
Reply 10
@Collie23, Thanks a million :smile:

@Collie23 and @Kevin the place I've applied for is called "St.Marys Halls" as far as I know?
Its not on campus, and privately owned, just associated to the University I think?

I didn't see anything online either, so I emailed Dave Roberts, the accomodation officer.

Are you a postgrad or undergrad?

Michelle
I've accepted a conditional offer at St Mary's, so I'll be a fresher in September :smile:
Reply 12
Hi, iv also been offered a place just recently at St Marys. im doing the Primary PGCE course... is anyone else similar?
Looking forward to getting started just havent accomodation sorted yet. Where abouts are any of you Irish guys from? im from Tyrone..
Reply 13
Hi
There is another thread on St Mary's. There are many people doing Primary education from what ive worked out.
Good Luck on accommodation
I'm starting PGCE Primary there in September. Can't wait :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending