The Student Room Group

do you allow your religious beliefs to affect your sexual behaviour?

Poll

do you let your religion's view on sex affect your sexual behavior?

hello, after reading the opinions of others on another thread, this poll stuck me.

look at this chart to see your religion's official viewpoint on sexual relations
http://www.beliefnet.com/features/chastity_chart.html
then complete the poll

do you think it is right that religion comments about sex?
or do you think to keep God out the bedroom?
and do you think the religions should move with the times to avoid people feeling like hypocrites, or being forced to choose between their faith and their love life?

Scroll to see replies

shinytoy
or do you think to keep God out the bedroom?
What if you're a sex god?
Reply 2
Steve Stifler
What if you're a sex god?

your religion is unlikely to affect your performance
shinytoy
your religion is unlikely to affect your performance

Cool, because some girls act like they're possessed in the bedroom.
Reply 4
possession may be cured by thorough exorcism.
shinytoy
possession may be cured by thorough exorcism.

Lol next time I'm giving a girl the good news I'll start shouting
The power of Christ compels you!

:toofunny:
Reply 6
Since I don't follow a religion, religion doesn't affect my views on sex. However, if others want to follow religious teachings on sex then that's really none of my business.

I do think that the Buddhist opinion in that chart is very sensible, though.
Reply 7
Steve Stifler
Lol next time I'm giving a girl the good news I'll start shouting
:toofunny:

Christ stated sex can only be in marriage. therefore you must marry the girl first.
unless the 'good news' you refer to is the Word of God in which case shout all you wish.sorry.
shinytoy
Christ stated sex can only be in marriage. therefore you must marry the girl first.

True, although I am willing to bet my student loan that only one of my friends from church will hold to this and he's currently training to be a priest.
Reply 9
I believe religion is dangerous when it starts to have too much influence on your life...

You missed out an option on the poll: "Just plain no!".

I will have to go for the first "No" option, although it isnt strictly true.
Reply 10
shinytoy
unless the 'good news' you refer to is the Word of God in which case shout all you wish.sorry.

Don't be sorry, your instructions only apply if you believe in Christ and decide to adhere to his teachings, many people don't.
shinytoy

Christ said a lot of things, an awful long time ago. I'm sure if he came back to earth now, he would be a bit more laid back :cool:
Reply 12
i dunno, i dont think He would. cos the Christian people who are devout and do good works like volunteers in 3rd world countries and saints lived like He did, and they are supposed be living proof that He is here today

why are there so many atheists????
Reply 13
I don't see how you can claim to be a true adherent of a particular religion if you do not obey the laws/rules it lays down, however nonsensical they may be.

I believe religion is dangerous when it starts to have too much influence on your life...

This is a strange quote. As long as believers of a certain religion do not harm others, I do not see what the problem is. After all, it is the individual's choice to adhere to their religion, no-one is forcing them to do so (in most cases)....
Reply 14

What is it called if it's ouside the marriage, then?:angel:
shinytoy
i dunno, i dont think He would. cos the Christian people who are devout and do good works like volunteers in 3rd world countries and saints lived like He did, and they are supposed be living proof that He is here today

I think he would have to adapt his views, because society has changed an awful lot in 2000 years or however long it has been. A lot of his teachings, particularly concerning sex, are so outdated now that very few people would take any notice of him.
shinytoy

Lol interesting question, but then I have just as many questions that can be frustrating when people don't think the same as me. Unfortunately, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Reply 17
baghee
What is it called if it's ouside the marriage, then?:angel:

extramaritial if outside of an existing marriage, or premaritial if before marriage
Reply 18
shinytoy
. cos the Christian people who are devout and do good works like volunteers in 3rd world countries and saints lived like He did, and they are supposed be living proof that He is here today

Hmm... and how about people from other religions and, yes, atheists who work as volunteers in third world countries - what do they prove?:p:
Reply 19
shinytoy
extramaritial if outside of an existing marriage, or premaritial if before marriage

Extra-marital sex or extra marital sex? :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending