Why do people humanize everything? Watch

Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Why do people feel the need to have talking dogs/cats, etc?

WHy do people put arms and legs/eyes and a mouth on non-living things?

It's not right and I think it's sick!

Esspecailly talking nonhuman animals and walk on two legs and have arms and that WEAR CLOTHES!

And don't get me started on Reptiles with Vaginas... (Athromorphism)
No Man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But the argonian race is my favorite..
Pawsies
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Easier to understand if we make something seem human. Talking dogs/cats would make communication much easier, it also teaches respect and allows people to relate to it, we are constantly taught about smiling e.g. it can also be used in sales (a happy face next to the price may attract you to it).

It is also appealing to put faces on fruit/veg so kids are more attracted to them and more likely to eat them.
associativememory
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why are you bothered?
Infallible
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I believe the word is 'personify' or 'pathetic fallacy'. The reason behind making dogs/cats/trees speak and act human is so that we can relate and empathise with them. Why would I care for a movie that shows a dog doing its natural things? I wouldn't.
IsabelaBourchier
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Please do some research on Anthropomorphism. This is a natural condition which is deep seeded in evolution and the need for an individual to feel socially connected. I suffer from this, it started when I was about 5 years old and the devastation I experienced when I saw Bambi as a child. It can be very painful to the mind. It is not a sickness, but something that is very human. It may help you to exercise a bit of maturity and empathy.
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What do you mean?

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads