The Student Room Group

Edexcel Astronomy GCSE 28/05/2012 PM

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by zed_1998
thanks. And can someone please answer this too, the astronmy website doesnt really explain it.
describe the appearance of stars, double stars, asterisms,
constellations, open clusters, nebulae and globular clusters in the
night sky

I might be wrong but I think it could be referring to the magnitudes of stars (e.g absolute) and how they vary
Reply 61
Sorry, i posted the wrong one :colondollar:
demonstrate an understanding that some constellations are visible from a given latitude throughout the year, but others are seasonal.
Reply 62
Has it got something to do with the ecliptic, so confused :frown:
Reply 63
Original post by zed_1998
Sorry, i posted the wrong one :colondollar:
demonstrate an understanding that some constellations are visible from a given latitude throughout the year, but others are seasonal.

Erm.. it's something like if Latitude of the observer + declination of the star is greater than 90 degrees then the start is circumpolar :s-smilie: Don't hold me to that though
Reply 64
Oh okay. Thanks :smile:
Original post by OllieWolly
Erm.. it's something like if Latitude of the observer + declination of the star is greater than 90 degrees then the start is circumpolar :s-smilie: Don't hold me to that though

yeah that's right :smile:
Hi :smile: Just been reading through these and saw you all got marks out of 40 for your coursework...but my astronomy teacher gave me my marks out of 30... not sure what's up with that... o.O Anyways, only 6 days till the exam! I'm dying D: Good luck everyone! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Fall Out Girl
Hi :smile: Just been reading through these and saw you all got marks out of 40...but my astronomy teacher gave me my marks out of 30... not sure what's up with that... o.O Anyways, only 6 days till the exam! I'm dying D: Good luck everyone! :smile:

I have 1 AS exam and 5 GCSEs this week, I'm not revising astronomy until this weekend xD good luck!
Jeez...you're gonna need that good luck! I'm taking my GCSEs early (blame my homeschooling parents thinking I'm intelligent >.< ) and this is my first one >.< have no idea how you people cope with 5! D:
Reply 69
Totally irrelevant, but damn why wasn't astronomy GCSE available when I did mine?! That would have been so interesting to study, or at least I would have thought it is!
Oh! And does anyone have the answer key to the 2008 GCSE astronomy paper that was previously posted? I just went through it and wanted to check my answers...
Reply 71
Original post by Fall Out Girl
Oh! And does anyone have the answer key to the 2008 GCSE astronomy paper that was previously posted? I just went through it and wanted to check my answers...

I thought I posted it.. Here I'll attach it again :smile: Enjoy! I still haven't started revising yet! I've got 6 GCSEs in total this week.. And a load next week too :s-smilie:
I thought I posted it.. Here I'll attach it again :smile: Enjoy! I still haven't started revising yet! I've got 6 GCSEs in total this week.. And a load next week too :s-smilie:

I'm still sticking to my original plan of cramming on the weekend :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by Dandaman9999
I'm still sticking to my original plan of cramming on the weekend :biggrin:

Me too! Although I'm out Saturday so it's going to be an all night Sunday thing I think.. Great :tongue:

Thank you! :smile:
ohh... I see now >.< Sorry! :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 75
Hy everyone, just wondering how many marks I need our of 120 on the paper for an a*?
In addition, how many marks would I need on the coursework?

Really appreciate the help and good luck to everyone!!
Reply 76
Last year it was 89 marks out of 120 in the paper for an a* and it was 34 out of 40 for the coursework. Good luck :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by Niema20
Last year it was 89 marks out of 120 in the paper for an a* and it was 34 out of 40 for the coursework. Good luck :smile:

How do you know?
Reply 79
How do you guys know what the grade boundaries are? Does it say them anywhere? The Edexcel website is sooooo bad!
Also, good luck! I'm doing it too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending