The Student Room Group
Reply 1
aaarrrggh
Anyone else got today and tomorrow off because of the strikes? I've got a late essay to finish so I'm actually busy today, but should be free to spend tomorrow doing absolutely nothing :smile:

Yep, all my lectures apart from my 9 o'clock have been cancelled tomorrow, so I'm gonna boycott it and join the lecturers and fellow students to march through the city centre and on to a rally!
Reply 2
aaarrrggh
Anyone else got today and tomorrow off because of the strikes? I've got a late essay to finish so I'm actually busy today, but should be free to spend tomorrow doing absolutely nothing :smile:

I'm still at skl....so no days off for me cos of strikes!!! :frown:

BUT!!!! Today is a target setting day...hehe!! So i just have to go in for about 10 mins later and say...i want to imrprove this...and do that....otherwise i have the day off!!!!!

WAHEY!!

G
Reply 3
I'm free for these 2 days, except that I gta tidy up my room today and have a driving lesson, and tomorrow have a driving theory test.
Reply 4
Xenon
I'm free for these 2 days, except that I gta tidy up my room today and have a driving lesson, and tomorrow have a driving theory test.

Good luck with your theory test :smile:

G
Reply 5
gzftan
I'm still at skl....so no days off for me cos of strikes!!! :frown:

BUT!!!! Today is a target setting day...hehe!! So i just have to go in for about 10 mins later and say...i want to imrprove this...and do that....otherwise i have the day off!!!!!

WAHEY!!

G

But you might get some days off later in the year, the NUT are planning strike action in response to the so called betryal by the government, who gave the teachers a 5 tiered performance related pay system, which they are now planning to scrap and replace with a three tiered system so reducing the possiblity for further advancement.
Reply 6
gzftan
Good luck with your theory test :smile:

G

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 7
ditzy blonde
But you might get some days off later in the year, the NUT are planning strike action in response to the so called betryal by the government, who gave the teachers a 5 tiered performance related pay system, which they are now planning to scrap and replace with a three tiered system so reducing the possiblity for further advancement.

Ooooooh i hope so!! The truth be told...it probably won't make a difference to me....i'm on study leave from a coupla weeks after easter...then that's it for me...no more skl ever!!!!!!!

(unless i fail my Alevel...eek)

G
Reply 8
uh what strikes
angel D
uh what strikes

the main lectures union are striking.

im not supoes to be effected till 2morw when i have one cancelled lecture..but my tutor didnt turn up to my 9 o clcok this morning..and that may have been because of the strike?
love Katy ***
Reply 10
was in this morning but its cancelled this aft
Reply 11
i think they had a programe to get strikes every day this week

mon wales
tue england
wed everywhere
thur scotland
fri n Ireland
Reply 12
aaarrrggh

My Dad's at home today 'cos he's on strike :smile:
Reply 13
The AUT university teachers union is striking today and tomorrow over some pay issue or other- only some tutors are members of this union so some courses are running some arent. Student top up fee strikes are tomorrow.

Latest

Trending

Trending