This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGHGUIGHUILHWIUG TJNGJNHBU&IKHG<:LTYMU*(TUJ
I'm SO F*CKING ANGRY AT THE MOMENT, DON'T CRITICISE ME FOR USING CAPS
I AM SO ANGRY I AM SCREECHING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS AT THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE STUPID F*CKING ROYAL MAIL AND LISTENING TO HEAVY ANGRY MUSIC AND SHOUTING IT AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS
FOR THE LAST F*CKING MONTH I HAVE BEEN GOING ON AND ON AND ON ABOUT MY FIRST CHOICE UNIVERSITY NOT CONTACTING ME
WELL TODAY I PHONED THEM
I GAVE THEM MY UCAS NUMBER
THEY SAID
YOU ALREADY HAD AN INTERVIEW THAT YOU MISSED ON THE 19TH OF FEBRUARY AT 9AM
I SAID
WHAT?
I NEVER GOT THAT LETTER
THEY SAID
WELL ALL WE CAN DO IS PUT YOU ON ANOTHER LIST OF INTERVIEWS BUT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING
AND I SAID
OK
AND THEN HUNG UP AND STARTED SCREAMING AND CRYING
ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE ON TEAM FRICKING BUILDING COURSES
AND SEXUAL HARRASMENT COURSES
I MAY HAVE HAD MY CHANCE AT MY FIRST CHOICE UNIVERSITY
JEAPORDISED BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T DELIVER A SINGLE BLOODY LETTER
I AM SOOOO ANGRY AT THE MOMENT
*SCREAMS*
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ok i'll stop screaming now
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
oh my god i've developed a tic now

ARGHHH
:mad:
my eye is twitching
I HATE THE ROYAL MAIL
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
The original title was better
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Come on mate....it can't be that bad.....granted you've missed the first interview they gave you..but i can't see how any reasonable uni would hold it against you....it wasn't your fault in any way...

G
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I AM SO ANGRY I AM SCREECHING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS AT THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE STUPID F*CKING ROYAL MAIL AND LISTENING TO HEAVY ANGRY MUSIC AND SHOUTING IT AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS
FOR THE LAST F*CKING MONTH I HAVE BEEN GOING ON AND ON AND ON ABOUT MY FIRST CHOICE UNIVERSITY NOT CONTACTING ME
WELL TODAY I PHONED THEM
THEY SAID
I SAID
WHAT?
I NEVER GOT THAT LETTER
THEY SAID
WELL ALL WE CAN DO IS PUT YOU ON ANOTHER LIST OF INTERVIEWS BUT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING
AND I SAID
OK
*SCREAMS*

Thats so rubbish, the Royal Mail is such a joke. Maybe you should put a turd in a box and post it to their head office (a la Sharon Osborne!)
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
WELL TODAY I PHONED THEM
THEY SAID
I SAID
WHAT?
I NEVER GOT THAT LETTER
THEY SAID
AND I SAID
OK
*SCREAMS*

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That is awful!!!! I don't blame you for screaming at the top of your lungs! Royal Mail is useless!
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh, u poor thing The royal mail are being right ******s at the moment - you should try and get on tv crying etc as you are. Good media coverage, sell your story and then you'll not need to go to uni

but seriously, that does suck. hope everything goes well in the end xx
young_free
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wow i can only imagine how you're feeling right now! I would also call up royal mail and have a go at them, tell them they jeopardised your future and you want compensation in the form of a full scholarship!!
Don't worry too much though, I take it as a sign that you'll be better off somewhere else? I know that's not comforting but it's worth thinking about.
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...mediaId=500141

you could vent your anger here too....

surely if its their fault and royal mail admit to it then the uni should honour your application?

do you know that the university had the correct address etc?

god that sucks and blows
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Even if it had been a one off I would have been pissed off but
4 birthday cards with money in them
my mum sent a tax return and it dissapeared the person who's it was was fined a £100
my friend has had cheques stolen and the names CHANGED on them from gigs he has done
all the post we get is covered in grease from their machines
our now ONE post is supposed to arrive at 8am, we're lucky if it gets here before 1pm

What's the point of having something like the Royal Mail if it doesn't bloody work

and as for the University, even though i was surprised they said they can't promise anything because by sending it, it was out of their hands and into mine
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my mum sent a tax return and it dissapeared the person who's it was was fined a £100
my friend has had cheques stolen and the names CHANGED on them from gigs he has done
our now ONE post is supposed to arrive at 8am, we're lucky if it gets here before 1pm

What's the point of having something like the Royal Mail if it doesn't bloody work

and as for the University, even though i was surprised they said they can't promise anything because by sending it, it was out of their hands and into mine
Have you always had these problems with Royal Mail?? I'm really shocked (and would be majorly annoyed in your situation) about the crap service you've had- I've never experienced that before (things like mail covered in grease-euch!) Do your neighbours have the same problems??
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by MattG)
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/c...mediaId=500141

you could vent your anger here too....

surely if its their fault and royal mail admit to it then the uni should honour your application?

do you know that the university had the correct address etc?

god that sucks and blows
Well first of all that link doesn't work...ironically I think a quote about how I would have sent it by post but I was scared whether or not it would arrive

If I don't go there I'll end up at London South Bank and I don't want to go there but it's where I want it to be, I don't want to be stuck in Tottenham or Yuppie filled Farnham

And as for the correct address, to make sure they went through all my details with me over the phone and they were all correct

This is insane, it's like the seriously most ironically horrible thing that has EVER happened to me
It took so much consideration and thinking to actually get this far and for it to be screwed up by some stupid school leaver that can't read an address properly....it's sickening
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Slightly off topic but if you're sending something important and send it 1st or 2nd class from the post office you can ask for a Certificate of Postage (or something) which basically means you're insured if the letter/whatever gets lost in the post.

Without the certificate royal mail will take no responsibility - with it they're yours
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

:eek: Set up a rival company that is much better and get your revenge!
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

I worked opening Reader's Digest replies all summer, and you would not believe some of the things we had send to us. You could kind of understand may be one or two letters slipping through the system and ending up in the wrong place, but in each box of 300 envelopes chances are there'd be at least one for the wrong address. We quite offen got letters in plastic bags because they'd been "contaminated with an unknown substance", blatantly someone had pissed on it!
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Have you always had these problems with Royal Mail?? I'm really shocked (and would be majorly annoyed in your situation) about the crap service you've had- I've never experienced that before (things like mail covered in grease-euch!) Do your neighbours have the same problems??
our post at home is much the same, and to make matters worse, we built our house in between two existing ones, and couldn't think of a name so we live at 141A but hardly ever get post. We have to literally beg our neighbours for post cos they're fed up with getting ours ll the time due to the lazy post man
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Slightly off topic but if you're sending something important and send it 1st or 2nd class from the post office you can ask for a Certificate of Postage (or something) which basically means you're insured if the letter/whatever gets lost in the post.

Without the certificate royal mail will take no responsibility - with it they're yours
Is that free?? I've never heard of that before.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Its no guarantee it'll get there and, it isn't insurance against loss, its just proof that you've posted it, so if it doesn't get there you canprove you posted it, useful when your returning goods ect
Danithestudent
Rep:
?

I didn't send it
What can I do?!
Oh my god this can't be happening
and the complaints form is gay, half of it doesn't work and it's like tick boxes and drop downs
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't send it
What can I do?!
Oh my god this can't be happening
and the complaints form is gay, half of it doesn't work and it's like tick boxes and drop downs
Was the person on the phone at the uni understanding though?? I had a few problems getting predicted grades sent to the unis I've applied to and I found the admissions secretaries were really nice and put notes on my application explaining the difficulties I had had etc.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (85)
51.83%
No they should not (60)
36.59%
Abstain (19)
11.59%

Watched Threads