This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
She was really nice but you could just tell when she said that an interview had already been sent through and I said I'd never got it, her tone changed as if to say "uh oh, you're screwed" and said "i'll try and get your name put down on another list of interviewees and explain what happened, but I cannot guarantee anything"
This is just so stupid
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Its no guarantee it'll get there and, it isn't insurance against loss, its just proof that you've posted it, so if it doesn't get there you canprove you posted it, useful when your returning goods ect
It does insure you against loss - but only £28 worth

And it's free
rednirt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
Was the person on the phone at the uni understanding though?? I had a few problems getting predicted grades sent to the unis I've applied to and I found the admissions secretaries were really nice and put notes on my application explaining the difficulties I had had etc.
that sounds good, tho in my experience they deal with so many entries they really aren't all that fussed about one person's problems. My friend had something similar hapen to her, but when she called them up they said it wasn't their problem :eek:
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That would be pretty gutting. I can't believe also that the uni couldn't guarantee you another interview, cos it was not your fault at all. If they don't give you another interview, first yiou kill the applications officer, or you can easily sell your story. Hopefully none of this will happen, and you'll get another interview no probs!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I don't want money, free stamps, a trip to barbados all expenses paid...I just want an interview with objective people that are understanding with what happened because of Royal Mail
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Xenon)
That would be pretty gutting. I can't believe also that the uni couldn't guarantee you another interview, cos it was not your fault at all. If they don't give you another interview, first yiou kill the applications officer, or you can easily sell your story. Hopefully none of this will happen, and you'll get another interview no probs!
as for selling my story, I hope I get to write it myself it was for a BA in Journalism...lol
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
*still fuming*
even their complaints form doesn't work, so I've written a complaint to complain about the complaints because I was trying to make a complaint

and UCAS were like "Sorry nothing we can do about it" and then hung up on me after I'd waited on the phone for 40 minutes
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
*still fuming*
even their complaints form doesn't work, so I've written a complaint to complain about the complaints because I was trying to make a complaint

and UCAS were like "Sorry nothing we can do about it" and then hung up on me after I'd waited on the phone for 40 minutes
I bloody hate the UCAS call centre- they are so rude and, in my experience, full of people who can barely understand English!! The amount of times I was put on hold, cut off, put on hold again, sent to the wrong place (repeatedly). I sent a letter of complaint to UCAS about it- it's appalling. Not only did I waste money on the calls but I also had to go and buy a book about filling in the UCAS form cos the one simple question I had to ask couldn't be answered!
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*still fuming*

:eek: That is really not on! You have my deepest sympathy. However, you might want to wait unitl you have calmed down a bit before you try contacting them, 'cos it wouldn't sound that impressive if you blew your top on them.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Lol thanks i've calmed down now
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Lol thanks i've calmed down now
lol good! You were rather scary in a bad mood :eek:
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by suz19)
I bloody hate the UCAS call centre- they are so rude and, in my experience, full of people who can barely understand English!! The amount of times I was put on hold, cut off, put on hold again, sent to the wrong place (repeatedly). I sent a letter of complaint to UCAS about it- it's appalling. Not only did I waste money on the calls but I also had to go and buy a book about filling in the UCAS form cos the one simple question I had to ask couldn't be answered!
Call centre advice:

When calling a cal centre always (and I mean *always*) ask for the name of the person you're speaking to. Ask them how it's spelt (even if it's bob smith) as that way the person you're speaking to will know that you've got their name in writing (even if you didn't bother writing it down jsut pretended to).

Funnily enough once the person you're speaking with knows that you know their name their manners and the level of service you recieve instantly improve.

serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OMGOMGOMG DANI THAT'S HORRIFIC!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: literally complain to everyone you can think of, I would be soooooooooooooooo angry!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe get your parents to ring up the uni to get u a guaranteed interview??? I can only sympathise hon,
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
OMGOMGOMG DANI THAT'S HORRIFIC!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: literally complain to everyone you can think of, I would be soooooooooooooooo angry!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe get your parents to ring up the uni to get u a guaranteed interview??? I can only sympathise hon,
Yeah or better still get one of your teachers to ring up and explain that you'd be very upset if you didn't have an interview etc. I'd be gutted if that had happened to me
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
Didn't you track it on the UCAS website or doesn't it show up when you have an interview with the university on the site?
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't send it
What can I do?!
Oh my god this can't be happening
and the complaints form is gay, half of it doesn't work and it's like tick boxes and drop downs
Keep ringing up the uni - every week if you dont hear from them badger them into interviewing you, persistance pays off. Also write a formal letter into the admissions person and department head for your course saying you didnt receive your interview date so they have it on file and know that its not that you just cant be arsed. Also try to get your school to contact them on your behalf. ALso plague them with emails you really have nothing to lose, and persistance is a darned good quality in a journalist so it shouldnt detract from your chances.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Keep ringing up the uni - every week if you dont hear from them badger them into interviewing you, persistance pays off. Also write a formal letter into the admissions person and department head for your course saying you didnt receive your interview date so they have it on file and know that its not that you just cant be arsed. Also try to get your school to contact them on your behalf. ALso plague them with emails you really have nothing to lose, and persistance is a darned good quality in a journalist so it shouldnt detract from your chances.
I think that's a better idea. Oh how awful! I feel like crying for you. I hope you get it sorted out!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you speak to anyone at the uni or ucas keep a record of their name and the date you spoke to them because admissions people are renowned for not being bothered to pass on messages.
Dont give up on this if its the place you really want.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGHGUIGHUILHWIUG TJNGJNHBU&IKHG<:LTYMU*(TUJ
I'm SO F*CKING ANGRY AT THE MOMENT, DON'T CRITICISE ME FOR USING CAPS
I AM SO ANGRY I AM SCREECHING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS AT THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE STUPID F*CKING ROYAL MAIL AND LISTENING TO HEAVY ANGRY MUSIC AND SHOUTING IT AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS
FOR THE LAST F*CKING MONTH I HAVE BEEN GOING ON AND ON AND ON ABOUT MY FIRST CHOICE UNIVERSITY NOT CONTACTING ME
WELL TODAY I PHONED THEM
I GAVE THEM MY UCAS NUMBER
THEY SAID
YOU ALREADY HAD AN INTERVIEW THAT YOU MISSED ON THE 19TH OF FEBRUARY AT 9AM
I SAID
WHAT?
I NEVER GOT THAT LETTER
THEY SAID
WELL ALL WE CAN DO IS PUT YOU ON ANOTHER LIST OF INTERVIEWS BUT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING
AND I SAID
OK
AND THEN HUNG UP AND STARTED SCREAMING AND CRYING
ALL BECAUSE THEY ARE ON TEAM FRICKING BUILDING COURSES
AND SEXUAL HARRASMENT COURSES
I MAY HAVE HAD MY CHANCE AT MY FIRST CHOICE UNIVERSITY
JEAPORDISED BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T DELIVER A SINGLE BLOODY LETTER
I AM SOOOO ANGRY AT THE MOMENT
*SCREAMS*
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ok i'll stop screaming now
Erm....you sound angry.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
OK, I've decided to file a formal complaint with the Royal Mail.
Instead of the measly £28 compensation that they usually give, I am going to ask them for a formal written apology to me and for them to write a letter to the London College of Printing explaining and taking all the blame
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (180)
38.22%
Take autumn exams (145)
30.79%
Look for a job (16)
3.4%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.46%
Take a year out (81)
17.2%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.94%

Watched Threads