This discussion is closed.
Cate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
OK, I've decided to file a formal complaint with the Royal Mail.
Instead of the measly £28 compensation that they usually give, I am going to ask them for a formal written apology to me and for them to write a letter to the London College of Printing explaining and taking all the blame
Good idea. Good luck!
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
Good idea. Good luck!
and if they don't do it before I want, I'm gonna go watchdog on their arse
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OK, I've decided to file a formal complaint with the Royal Mail.
Instead of the measly £28 compensation that they usually give, I am going to ask them for a formal written apology to me and for them to write a letter to the London College of Printing explaining and taking all the blame
i doubt very much they will do that.

Try contacting the universities Dean or something and pleading your case I bet you will get a better response.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)

Try contacting the universities Dean or something and pleading your case I bet you will get a better response.
Like I said if they don't I'm going to get Watchdog on them and sell my story!!!! Well maybe not sell my story but at least write about it to my local rag
Cate
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Like I said if they don't I'm going to get Watchdog on them and sell my story!!!! Well maybe not sell my story but at least write about it to my local rag
Don't go local! Make it national! The nation should be made aware of this terrible wrong!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)

I agree either the dean or the VC - basically the admissions tutor involved first off but copy the letter to the admissions tutor's boss (usually head of department/faculty)

And if all else fails a letter to the vice chancellor can do wonders
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
I agree either the dean or the VC - basically the admissions tutor involved first off but copy the letter to the admissions tutor's boss (usually head of department/faculty)

And if all else fails a letter to the vice chancellor can do wonders
That shouldn't be too bad, I'm a writer I can make them cry with sadness. I still think that a formal complaint would be something good to keep on record, not to mention getting one of those doohickey things that you were talking about even though it's free post I'll put a stamp on it to spite them and cheat them at their own game!
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You wont get a quick enough response from Royal Mail if they feel they owe you an apology at all.
We sent my nan a recorded delivery package last year that she never got and it took us quite a while to get the compensation through.
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am surprised at your story. Surely if the interviews were only last week then they won't have made their minds up yet. Tell them that you can come anytime and I am sure that you will get another interview.

MB
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by musicboy)
I am surprised at your story. Surely if the interviews were only last week then they won't have made their minds up yet. Tell them that you can come anytime and I am sure that you will get another interview.

MB
They will probably give me an interview as it's not as if they've replaced me or anything. It just takes up more of their time and makes me worried that it might jade my application.
If I don't get at least an apology from Royal Mail in two weeks I'm going to contact Watchdog...sounds sad but it could be quite interesting
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
They will probably give me an interview as it's not as if they've replaced me or anything. It just takes up more of their time and makes me worried that it might jade my application.
If I don't get at least an apology from Royal Mail in two weeks I'm going to contact Watchdog...sounds sad but it could be quite interesting
I dont think you'd have too much look with watchdog, 16000000 items of mail aren't delivered each year (i work part time for the royal mail - dont lynch me), and although i appreciate how important this item was, it is unlikely that it would get anything done about it as if millions of people all complained about mail. By all accounts complain though, some parts of britain are **** for sorting mail, make sure you complain to the regional office at least though, going to the local delivery centre is useless as the lower managers are incompetent. You'll probably need some form of proof of the sending from the uni too, as it wasnt recorded delivery or anything then anybody could rign up and say theyve lost an item of mail. If you need and more help PM me. Good luck with the uni application and the complaint.

Regards

G-W-D
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Yes but it's a sob story I nearly didn't into my chosen university because of it if I hadn't phoned in today they were going to reject me
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes but it's a sob story I nearly didn't into my chosen university because of it if I hadn't phoned in today they were going to reject me
Not a sob story, a horror story, id hate it if that had happened to me, id be straight to the head of the uni and to the royal mail.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How do you know they were going to reject you if you didnt reply today? This is disgraceful though. I sent off all the necessary forms to get a full driving license before christmas and its basically gone missing. So no theory/practical test pass certificate, no provisional driving license or anything. Luckily the DVLA have it on record that ive passed so I dont need to take my tests again.

To do with Uni interviews is so much worse though. I dont know howd Id feel if this was me. In any case - I dont think complaining to royal mail would do much good - watchdog is a much better idea.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by imasillynarb)
How do you know they were going to reject you if you didnt reply today? This is disgraceful though. I sent off all the necessary forms to get a full driving license before christmas and its basically gone missing. So no theory/practical test pass certificate, no provisional driving license or anything. Luckily the DVLA have it on record that ive passed so I dont need to take my tests again.

To do with Uni interviews is so much worse though. I dont know howd Id feel if this was me. In any case - I dont think complaining to royal mail would do much good - watchdog is a much better idea.
They think I just didn't bother turning up for the interview because there was nothing about informing them about my arrival.
They said it was a good job I phoned because it showed that I hadn't just not turned up and that I was really interested and they have a rule that if someone doesn't turn up for an interview and doesn't contact within 7 days, their application is rejected
Babygal
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey maybe it was fate
emom100
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i feel so sorry for you. Complain to everyone possible and hopefully it'll get sorted for you. A while ago my Dad moaned about Parcel force to watchdog but they said he was one of many people with similar stories and they had already covered a feature recently but your situation would stand out a mile from the average mail problems.

Good Luck
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (145)
24.62%
Better than expected (129)
21.9%
Worse than expected (315)
53.48%

Watched Threads