The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by nataliekwong

CRUISE?!
Where does the cruise start from?

Southampton. :smile: Conveniently where I live ahaha! It's only to ermm Belgium & France I think but my friend works for carnival cruises so we got it for £45 each... can't complain!
Reply 61
Original post by Dux_Helvetica
I'm going on a huge euro-trip with a bunch of my friends. Starting in Switzerland, then Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany (Berlin-Hamburg-Frankfurt) and finally the Netherlands (Amsterdam)

You're seriously going to have the best time! I backpacked Europe, a lot of those places actually, in 2009... best summer of my life!
Working in Disney world florida for 3 months then going to the carribean to visit some family :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by lyrical_lie
Working in Disney world florida for 3 months then going to the carribean to visit some family :smile:

I hate you

(do you have anymore room in your suitcase? :biggrin:)
Original post by BHS12
I hate you

(do you have anymore room in your suitcase? :biggrin:)

Haha unfortunately not :tongue: But I need to work in fast food and beverage (who know what that entails) so not all fun and games :tongue:
Reply 65
Original post by lyrical_lie
Haha unfortunately not :tongue: But I need to work in fast food and beverage (who know what that entails) so not all fun and games :tongue:

I am sure you will love it :biggrin:
Reply 66
Zante for 12 days

Ibiza in august aswell to see pals working over there probably a weekend there

Probably try get over amsterdam as well
I actually want to attempt the 3-peak challenge this summer, though I think it would be extremely difficult :x
12 week placement for uni, yay for nursing.
Hackney Weekend

Crete in July

Possible UK-based holiday with group of mates - if not, drinking sessions/ summery fun activities :wink:

The boring stuff: getting everything I need for uni in september/ looking for a job :/
I'm just working to get some money together for uni. A few of us are planning on camping in the lakes though for a weekend maybe
Original post by Pandabär
Yay, my City!!! Hamburg is amazing, you'll love it. :biggrin: What part are you working in?

I'll be:

Working to earn money for a month
Being in London for the Olympics
Working towards my Medicine application
Volunteering
Work shadowing/ internship
Going on a short holiday to see friends in Germany
Catching up with people generally
Having family trip somewhere
Generally having a picnic on Clapham Common/ other random park with my friends in the sun. :tongue:

I've never been to Hamburg so I'm not too sure how to describe it, but the street is called Neuer Wall and the nearest U-Bahn is Jungfernstieg if that means anything to you :dontknow: Anything you'd particularly recommend to see/do?

Sounds like you have an awesome summer planned :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by xmarilynx
I've never been to Hamburg so I'm not too sure how to describe it, but the street is called Neuer Wall and the nearest U-Bahn is Jungfernstieg if that means anything to you :dontknow: Anything you'd particularly recommend to see/do?

Hamburg in october for 2nights 3 days for a 21st. Meant to be class over there
Was meant to be going to Hungary for three weeks with my friend and her family but now I'm staying at home, looking for a job, eating Ben and Jerry's and weeping for four months because school has ended forever (in my case) and hopefully also excitedly planning for university. I intend to watch a lot of films, read a lot of books and teach myself the beginnings of guitar. Maybe brush up on my deplorable German (although I'm not going anytime soon, oh woe is me, it's a great language). I'll be at the Olympics when my results come out, I intend to ignore them until afterwards, I don't think I want to know. Very very excited for the Olympics. :biggrin: Something to look forward to at least. I'll also probably try and scuba dive as much as humanly possible, and I need to learn how to drive, cook and budget before I go to uni. Lots to occupy me I hope. Looking forward to the freedom but I know I'll spend the first few days crying on and off, I get really emotional at the end of things. Think I'll try memorising the script of Much Ado About Nothing in case an audition for Beatrice ever appears at some point in my life, I want to be prepared for that eventuality. Oh, and I'll probably go for lots of walks and climb trees.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by xmarilynx

Neuer Wall?! Haaa, that's the lovely (if somewhat extortionate) shopping area in 'Mitte'. I worked round the corner from there last summer. I'm an Altona person myself, though.

In Hamburg in the summer you just want to be lazing around the harbour/ Stadtpark in the sun/ coffee in the Schanze, and spending at least one night on the Reeperbahn.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 75
Planning to get a driving licence and possible some experience with MRI.

Since I am EU student and going to start a MSc in London this September, I am was thinking to move there around August but I am afraid that accommodation would be damn too expensive due to the Olympics.

Any thoughts on that? :biggrin:

Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Australian Gold Coast, 8 months :biggrin:
My plans consist of continuing to learn Blues guitar
Learn Spanish to a reasonable level
Learn Klingon to a basic level
Reply 78
OH AH MALIA SAY OH AH MALIAAA!
so yes Malia, Moscow and possibly Izmir and lots and lots of work ... joy of joys, olympics though :biggrin:
Reply 79
Benicassim in July, then off volunteering in morocco for a fortnight and then duke of ed expedition, can't wait!

Quick Reply

Latest