Arsenal v Celta Vigo - Tonight

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Sxy/Sxx/Syy
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
3-1 Celta Vigo

We all know what Arsenal are like in Europe.

Tommorow night however is a different story

We all also know what happened last time Man U met Porto :-)
TheWolf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by malledo)
What do people think the score is going to be in this match tonight. Arsene Wenger has never won in spain but Celta Vigo are a poor Side

I think 2-0 Arsenal

who cares about arsenal - real madrid is playing bayern
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Just in case any of you didn't know!
We won! And it was abetter win then any of us predicted, as we're now romping ahead with 3 away goals! Imagining if we had played our best it would have been an even better score in our favour! Really proud of Edu who played a blinder tonight!
So to all ye of little faith, who believe Arsenal can't play in Europe, I think this prooff that we can.

Arsenal for the treble!

the official match repot is here
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Just in case any of you didn't know!
We won! And it was abetter win then any of us predicted, as we're now romping ahead with 3 away goals! Imagining if we had played our best it would have been an even better score in our favour! Really proud of Edu who played a blinder tonight!
So to all ye of little faith, who believe Arsenal can't play in Europe, I think this prooff that we can.

Arsenal for the treble!

the official match repot is here
result was good, even if the performance wasn't brilliant. Class took us through in the end.
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
great result considering how badly they played, Henry and vieira were not in it at all and celta domianted the midfield so this is a great result,

secondly, how shite is Lauren, when he comes forward he can't cross, his positioning is poor and is passing is appaling, that Edu destroyed him every time on the wing. I have never rated Lauren though and cannot understand why they let go a very good full back in Moritz Volz
DanMushMan
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
great result considering how badly they played, Henry and vieira were not in it at all and celta domianted the midfield so this is a great result,

secondly, how shite is Lauren, when he comes forward he can't cross, his positioning is poor and is passing is appaling, that Edu destroyed him every time on the wing. I have never rated Lauren though and cannot understand why they let go a very good full back in Moritz Volz
let go volz because we've got holte, who's by all accounts has been excelling in the reserves. Don't really like Ralph at RB, not his position, but he's not really going to get into the team anywhere else.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
let go volz because we've got holte, who's by all accounts has been excelling in the reserves. Don't really like Ralph at RB, not his position, but he's not really going to get into the team anywhere else.
yeah would agree with that, holte has looked good when i've seen him and i've heard good things about him, and yeah Lauren isn't a full back and isn't as good as the other players in his position, i think Wenger may strengthen this position in the summer if he has his estimated £15m to spend. Mexes is a likely signing
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My mate (an Arsenal fan) agrees that Lauren is the weak link in defence. He's too lax sometimes like the game is just going on all around him and he isn't involved. My mate wants to see Toure or preferably Clichy on the right more. As for the result it was a good one, well contested match (I fell asleep but blame it on my lack of sleep), Vieira and Henry were not in it and few chances were created but the second Edu goal was class. Celta in my view have a right to feel hard done by.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
result was good, even if the performance wasn't brilliant. Class took us through in the end.
Yeah, I can't believe how lack luster we were defensively! It was scary to watch at times! However we got the best possible result I think, I was even happy when the score was just 1-1
yOUR_dESTINY
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
A dirty match

That defender Clichey or something is a good youngster, never noticed him before except when he saved the chelsea shot off of the line

i still think that Arsenal will get beaten this year
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
My mate (an Arsenal fan) agrees that Lauren is the weak link in defence. He's too lax sometimes like the game is just going on all around him and he isn't involved. My mate wants to see Toure or preferably Clichy on the right more. As for the result it was a good one, well contested match (I fell asleep but blame it on my lack of sleep), Vieira and Henry were not in it and few chances were created but the second Edu goal was class. Celta in my view have a right to feel hard done by.
i would love it if Toure played right back if he could be centre back as well, the guy is amazing. saying that Cygan has impressed this year and could come into centre back if toure moved across.

just what does Lauren add to the team?
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by yOUR_dESTINY)
A dirty match

That defender Clichey or something is a good youngster, never noticed him before except when he saved the chelsea shot off of the line

i still think that Arsenal will get beaten this year
I think they will get beaten in the league when it's virtually decided, probably lose 6-5 to spurs or something
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Leave Lauren alone, I think his a wikkid defence player, its just this season his not been his best. His form in previous seasons has much better. I still prefer to see him playing then clichy or toure, who I think is good, but in no way matches Lauren's overall experience and knowledge.

I don't know what they feed Vieira or Henry pre-match because both were disappointing and not at their best in any way shape or form
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i would love it if Toure played right back if he could be centre back as well, the guy is amazing. saying that Cygan has impressed this year and could come into centre back if toure moved across.

He doesn't add anything, he just does a job. I think exactly the same of Gilberto. Edu or Parlour really should start in centre midfield. But Toure is shining, I knew it last season, he weren't no flash in the pan.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Leave Lauren alone, I think his a wikkid defence player, its just this season his not been his best. His form in previous seasons has much better. I still prefer to see him playing then clichy or toure, who I think is good, but in no way matches Lauren's overall experience and knowledge.

I don't know what they feed Vieira or Henry pre-match because both were disappointing and not at their best in any way shape or form
Toure has been arsenals best player this season, faultless, Lauren however cannot defend to safe his live hence the Celta Edu destroying him all match
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
He doesn't add anything, he just does a job. I think exactly the same of Gilberto. Edu or Parlour really should start in centre midfield. But Toure is shining, I knew it last season, he weren't no flash in the pan.
yeah Toure is GOD

Gilberto does add something i reckon, he sits in front of the back 4 superbly and clears up when arsenal go gun ho and give it away, also very rarely fouls.

tough choice between him and Edu in the centre
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago

See saying cygan would be a good replacement for Lauren is a sensible statement, whereas saying toure or clichy for lauren is not so sensible because a permanent place on the squad for these two demands experience! And even though I think Toure is the brightest young starlet in our squad he hasn't yet got the experience to be able to maintain such a defensive role within the team. Personally I think his more suited to mid-field (but theres no space for him)
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
yeah Toure is GOD

Gilberto does add something i reckon, he sits in front of the back 4 superbly and clears up when arsenal go gun ho and give it away, also very rarely fouls.

tough choice between him and Edu in the centre
I'd rather have Parlour to beef things up in the middle, you'd have far more possesion and English grit that way.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
English grit that way.
What does english grit have to do with anything, toure should be given a proper chance in this position!

Can we hav a spots sub forum! plz d!
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
What does english grit have to do with anything, toure should be given a proper chance in this position!

Can we hav a spots sub forum! plz d!
There is a thread on spots...

The thing about English grit is that some games might be a real midfield battle and I'd rather have Parlour toughing it out there than Edu or Gilberto. And when the chips are down the English never give up.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (10)
71.43%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
7.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
7.14%

Watched Threads