Watch
This discussion is closed.
Kuz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
And when the chips are down the English never give up.
Tell that to someone like Vieira!
yOUR_dESTINY
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
lol yeah i hope spurs ruin their run and i will be there to see it

but our defence is just crap right now but out attack is awesome, itll be high scoring game like most of spurs' games
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Tell that to someone like Vieira!
I never said the French didn't :rolleyes:

But Vieira was absent today, what if it was a closer contest... I suppose Arsenal are lucky one man in central midfield was on song today.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
right here i weigh in with my views.

Lauren does ok at rb. He's consistent but is often too easily beaten and not defensively minded. Toure is an excellent RB, but he's doing far too well at CB, and as decent as Cygan has been I still don't like him as a regular, he's a squad player and no more. If we sign a CB, then Toure can move across, but until then it should stay as it is. Saying Clichy should move across is ridiculous, seeing as he's a left footer.

Parlour isn't good enough in centre midfield. He will chase a ball all day, but even then his tackling isn't brilliant and his distribution is poor. He's also not enough of an attacking threat. Who plays along Vieira is a contest between Gilberto and Edu. Not many seem to rate Gilberto, though Wenger and two Brazilian managers can't be wrong. He's the kind of guy who you 'fans' who see highlights won't see much of, because he's not a flair player. He breaks down play and makes simple passes, that's his job and its not a high profile one. His defensive positioning is excellent, and he alows Vieira to roam forward more. We miss him defensively when he doesn't play, which showed today. Edu is a good player, but he's too much of a luxury to be played regularly because the midfield battle is so important.
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by yOUR_dESTINY)

but our defence is just crap right now but out attack is awesome, itll be high scoring game like most of spurs' games
yeh, 8-0 arsenal
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wake up hunny! As if! Stop lying to yourself!
I'd run round naked in my schools common room if Spurs beat us! And I'm petrified of public humiliation, so it just aint gonna happen!

You silly Spurs supporters, you get one half decent attacking player and you fool yourself into believing that one day you'l finish the season somewhere above the bottom of the top half of the table! Lol!
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DanMushMan)
right here i weigh in with my views.

Lauren does ok at rb. He's consistent but is often too easily beaten and not defensively minded. Toure is an excellent RB, but he's doing far too well at CB, and as decent as Cygan has been I still don't like him as a regular, he's a squad player and no more. If we sign a CB, then Toure can move across, but until then it should stay as it is. Saying Clichy should move across is ridiculous, seeing as he's a left footer.

Parlour isn't good enough in centre midfield. He will chase a ball all day, but even then his tackling isn't brilliant and his distribution is poor. He's also not enough of an attacking threat. Who plays along Vieira is a contest between Gilberto and Edu. Not many seem to rate Gilberto, though Wenger and two Brazilian managers can't be wrong. He's the kind of guy who you 'fans' who see highlights won't see much of, because he's not a flair player. He breaks down play and makes simple passes, that's his job and its not a high profile one. His defensive positioning is excellent, and he alows Vieira to roam forward more. We miss him defensively when he doesn't play, which showed today. Edu is a good player, but he's too much of a luxury to be played regularly because the midfield battle is so important.
Well said that man! I prefer Gilberto to Edu, just because his more of a hard worker, Edus a great sub, but I don't think his suited to playing a whole 90 mins of football! Even though he was good tonight!
yOUR_dESTINY
Report 16 years ago
:'( i only support spurs cos i live there,

unlike all of the gory hunters who live in london and support manu or people who live up north and support arsenal just cos they are in the top 3,
i only support em cos i live 5 mins away from the ground and i was bought a season ticket. I aint a glory hunter
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
Well said that man! I prefer Gilberto to Edu, just because his more of a hard worker, Edus a great sub, but I don't think his suited to playing a whole 90 mins of football! Even though he was good tonight!
he's going to be hard to drop after today, i think wenger will go for gilberto if he's fit, but edu has staked his claim to a place.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

unlike all of the gory hunters who live in london and support manu or people who live up north and support arsenal just cos they are in the top 3,
i only support em cos i live 5 mins away from the ground and i was bought a season ticket. I aint a glory hunter
So what your tellin me is you were bullied into supporting Spurs! Shame your not a real supporter as you cower away and don't defend your team when we all mock you! I think supporters like you are worse than a northener supporting arsenal etc.., at least these supporters love their team and the game!
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

mate fine, i have no problem. prefer you to the other "fans" who never go to games etc. i wouldn't expect anyone to support spurs unless they were local.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he's going to be hard to drop after today, i think wenger will go for gilberto if he's fit, but edu has staked his claim to a place.
At the end of the day Wenger will look at overall form, and even though Edu played well...it was only one game!
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
At the end of the day Wenger will look at overall form, and even though Edu played well...it was only one game!
and chelsea, and a few recent performances when gilberto's been on the right, so its a lot more.
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and chelsea, and a few recent performances when gilberto's been on the right, so its a lot more.
Yeah...thats true actually!

Oh well I off to bed to dream of us wining the treble (soon to be a reality)
byakugan_neji
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I agree that Giberto Silva is better than Edu. Both play pretty much in the same position but Giberto Silva has more world-class experience and personally, I don't like Edu. He's good but something about him annoys me....
malledo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Kuz)
I agree but he has scored 3 goals in 2 games now. He is a luxury player, a bit like Martin Reuser at Ipswich
Kuz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by malledo)
I agree but he has scored 3 goals in 2 games now. He is a luxury player, a bit like Martin Reuser at Ipswich
Don't know anything bout the Ipswich player, but Yeah overall Gilberto's a better player, and we all know the mistakes of playing someone just because they have had a good spell of form (*cough* *cough* don't we Mr Ferguson!). So overall Gilberto should be played instead of Edu!
lushes
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
great game!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (177)
24.69%
Better than expected (145)
20.22%
Worse than expected (395)
55.09%

Watched Threads