Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I both love and hate physics, it is an interesting subject to study, but then you have the sting in the tail, the A2 coursework.
    Fine, you get to create your own expreiment, all seems good, but it is a hell of a task to do it. You have so many good ideas, each of which are sadisticly crushed by your teacher.

Why can't I put a fuse wire into a bath of ethynol, or indeed water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I both love and hate physics, it is an interesting subject to study, but then you have the sting in the tail, the A2 coursework.
    Fine, you get to create your own expreiment, all seems good, but it is a hell of a task to do it. You have so many good ideas, each of which are sadisticly crushed by your teacher.

I'm doing the edexcel physics A2 with no coursework.....just a physics practical at the end of the year.

G

ReputationRep:
    Well, the one I have conscripted myself to, using the salters horners course, does insist I have to go through the mental and physical self torture of coursework

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god! THERE IS COURSEWORK?!

ReputationRep:

also...is there much astrophysics in AQA alevel physics?

ReputationRep:
    are you doing salters horners then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)

also...is there much astrophysics in AQA alevel physics?
    One module.

yes there is coursework, I've just done my AS AQA Physics Coursework.

ReputationRep:
    Well, in AS you get told what investigations you do, in A" you have to come up with one completely independently, including method, rationale ect. literally everything on your own

ReputationRep:
    There is an astrophysics modual, and a partical physics one, and one almost completely about magnetic and electric feilds. Then there is one about communication (loads of electronics involved)and lastly there is one about building design to withstand earthquakes

ReputationRep:
    What are you guys thinking of doing with Physics?
    For medicine, is it relevant?

ReputationRep:
    I will be doing network technology at greenwhich uni, But it is still useful to have physics.

ReputationRep:
    i thought the a2 physics coursework was great when i done it last year! i got to roll a jar of golden syrup down a big ramp i made for 2 weeks observing its motion as i changed the viscosity of the liquid inside! fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    what would you investigate? current? temperature? combustability?

ReputationRep:
    The thermal capacity of various liquid coolents. but I couldn't, my teacher told me it was too dangerous.
    I had to resort to eddy current braking of a flywheel

ReputationRep:
    Is there any astrophysics in Alevel Physics?

ReputationRep:
    I was told not at TGS.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.