This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Why didn't they introduce this three years ago!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3515449.stm
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Maths GCSE should also be valued as worth two subjects, says the report, because it is so difficult.
*s*******
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
maths is perhaps the easiest degree to do. and still its popularity is falling....
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
maths is perhaps the easiest degree to do. and still its popularity is falling....
Please don't say that, or I may be forced to hate you! I'm about to fail my maths degree, really wish it was easy!
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
Easier than Physics?

Everyone on my course says that the Physics units are the easiest, and therefore - the most popular.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Please don't say that, or I may be forced to hate you! I'm about to fail my maths degree, really wish it was easy!
im talking about in terms of workload. i have never known any of my fellow mathematicians to do allnighters. (although this could be a 1st year thing)
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
maths is perhaps the easiest degree to do.
i hate math it is my worst subject. i find it really hard.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpaw)
im talking about in terms of workload. i have never known any of my fellow mathematicians to do allnighters. (although this could be a 1st year thing)
But for maths the work load is more constant, we continually have less important deadlines, whereas other subjects do very little then just pull an all nighter and get the work done (I going on the behaviour of the arts students I lived with last year and I'm sure not all arts students are as lazy and moronic!)
marabara
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
try doing maths at Cambridge and then you can say its easy if you like
dazmanultra
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
But for maths the work load is more constant, we continually have less important deadlines, whereas other subjects do very little then just pull an all nighter and get the work done (I going on the behaviour of the arts students I lived with last year and I'm sure not all arts students are as lazy and moronic!)
Similar situation with physics. Class tests etc that count 0.5% towards your final degree every month or so along with courseworks and lab reports that need to be handed in and passed to pass the course.

The load is more evenly balanced through the year.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (11)
11.22%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (62)
63.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
14.29%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
9.18%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (2)
2.04%

Watched Threads