This discussion is closed.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i want to goto lincoln uni to study fine art, is it any good?? i know it s cheap to live there and the accomodation isnt that expensive, does anyone have any advice???
poowpoow
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yes its absolutely fantastic!!!!! go there!!!! its the best you'll ever get!!! not bein nasty amy!! golly gosh!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
i want to goto lincoln uni to study fine art, is it any good?? i know it s cheap to live there and the accomodation isnt that expensive, does anyone have any advice???
aint esther goin therE?
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by poowpoow)
yes its absolutely fantastic!!!!! go there!!!! its the best you'll ever get!!! not bein nasty amy!! golly gosh!
thanx for that rose!!! why do u have to destroy every serious thread that i start!!!!??? :mad:
Amy
Rep:
?
(Original post by lumpycustard)
aint esther goin therE?
no she dint get in
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanx for that rose!!! why do u have to destroy every serious thread that i start!!!!??? :mad:
i dont destroy every serious thread that u start!! i only do it when ur sat next to me!! sorry, my moustache. :rolleyes:
Philibob
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you looked around the uni? (I did for a different course)
Accomodation is really nice and quite big as well. Area seems ok. University isn't massive, although I don't think that's really important.
Jade
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Philibob)
Have you looked around the uni? (I did for a different course)
Accomodation is really nice and quite big as well. Area seems ok. University isn't massive, although I don't think that's really important.
I live near Lincoln, and the uni is good- They have just built two new accom blocks, called The Junxion and sommat else.. if you want to go, apparently youve got to be wuick to get the Junxion, its centrally located on the quayside and near all the pubs,shops restaurants ets. As foe its academic ability it is a new uni, and I believe that many do not give it the recognition it deserves. Although Im not going there, a few of my friends are, and they see, pretty impressed with it! Hope that helps!
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If this is the uni that was formerly known as the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside then the words "barge pole" and "touch" spring to mind.
Acid_Rain
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A couple of my friends went to look round Lincoln Uni and seemed to really like it

It's waaaaay down in all the league tables though - one of the lowest ten unis I think.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well what can I say about Lincoln - its not the best place to live in the world - its not exactly a thriving night spot in my opinion but you could be worse places.

Or would you be based in Lincoln or Hull, cos they have a Hull campus

well what puts me off is the student work on the site

http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/courses/fin...dentswork.html
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The place does not score too well on the league tables

http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...html?start=100

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/display...,17823,00.html

It would be appear its towards the very bottom of all the league tables. I know its an ex poly but I don't know what it used to be called.
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
If this is the uni that was formerly known as the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside then the words "barge pole" and "touch" spring to mind.
i thought you were going to hull? hello? it is not pretty much the same uni?

its actually a really nice looking uni and the accomodation is lovely, it doesnt have a great rep and the facilities are laughable but i reckon its one for the future
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (231)
39.15%
Take autumn exams (176)
29.83%
Look for a job (20)
3.39%
Consider an apprenticeship (23)
3.9%
Take a year out (105)
17.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (35)
5.93%

Watched Threads