The Student Room Group

Just released from Hospital, with less than a month till first exam.

Hey Guys. So due to certain circumstances, I was in the hospital for a month, unable to do anything. I was released yesterday and will be going back to college tomorrow.

My first exam is on May the 14th and they finish on the 23rd, in which period I have over 9 exams. I'm thinking of giving up in one, which I hate anyway, and concentrating on the other two, and then picking up an intensive course next year (Both As and A2 in one year). I'm thinking of sticking with Maths and History, and dropping Geology and picking up English Lit next year. Is AA unachievable at this point?

What can I do to maximise my grades?

Thanks
Reply 1
There are two kids, a boy and a girl. One of them is Xing Zhao a chinese prodigy who is intelligent and doesn't need to revise for any exams. He can achieve not only AA this year but AAAAA with one month of revision.

Whereas ..

There is a girl named Lucy and no matter how hard she tries she just cannot achieve AA or even BB for that matter.

Xing Zhao says it's possible, however, Lucy says it's impossible.

Moral: Everyone is different. Don't ask people whether they think it's possible or not especially not on TSR. A typical TSR user will say to you he learnt C4 Maths in one week, whereas someone else will reply and say they learnt it in four days and got 100 UMS. The only thing you should do from today onwards is work your hardest. Put in as many hours as you can so there are no regrets. Come August and you don't get the grades you want atleast you can say to yourself I put in the hard work for a minimum of one month of my life, whereas if you don't work as hard now you will regret it all summer - trust me.

Take your favourite beverage, a glass of water and study day and night (with breaks of course).

Good luck.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest