The Student Room Group

Crossdressing help?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I think it sounds like the OP might be genderqueer, which is a bit different to transgenderism - read up about it.

Indeed I am! I just don't bother saying so because it means a lot of different things and, well, I have to explain it. Easier to skip right to the explanation. Some regard 'queer/bigendered as trans* though. :^P
Reply 41
I dont understand why she was negged, whats wrong with her deciding to dress or try looking like a man. Its her life, her body.
Reply 42
Original post by Luxray
I dont understand why she was negged, whats wrong with her deciding to dress or try looking like a man. Its her life, her body.

Because I'm either a) an icky transman and therefore I am totally weird and/or don't exist ('If I said I felt like a dinosaur, does that make me a dinosaur?' actual argument) or b) a freak who dresses in drag, how dare ze.

Bit silly really, but negs be negs, life goes on. More the concept of people finding it a 'bad thing' enough to click that button that baffles me. Really?
Original post by Schemilix
Indeed I am! I just don't bother saying so because it means a lot of different things and, well, I have to explain it. Easier to skip right to the explanation. Some regard 'queer/bigendered as trans* though. :^P

OK. I know you don't have to but I guess you could have just written that word in the OP and then left it up to people to Google it themselves to find out more. A lot of people don't really understand this stuff, so a little heads-up in order to avoid all the unnecessary questions might have been a little helpful for everyone, including you :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
OK. I know you don't have to but I guess you could have just written that word in the OP and then left it up to people to Google it themselves to find out more. A lot of people don't really understand this stuff, so a little heads-up in order to avoid all the unnecessary questions might have been a little helpful for everyone, including you :smile:

It still comes down to the fact that it isn't anyone's business why I'm doing what I am unless I chose to tell them - I was asking a quick question, and my reasoning is irrelevant. I don't have to explain why I'm behaving in a non-traditional fashion if I don't choose to - I avoided doing it to avoid this exact cluttering of the thread. D:

Hence why I find it annoying that one particular person was extremely rude and demanding and made a lot of assumptions, I mean, it's just privacy really, doesn't matter what it is, if I say 'none of your beeswax', it isn't (and I don't like to label where it isn't strictly necessary).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending