The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by koenigsegg1
Sorry to hear that. I wish the instructor could just do the test. It's annoying being with someone different. And it's very nerve racking. Good luck with your next one!

Exactly! Hopefully I'll pass next time since I now know what it's like. Thanks!
Anyone got any tips for driving in the rain? Never drove in it before and it looks like tomorrow its going to be torrential where I live!
Original post by JordanUK
Anyone got any tips for driving in the rain? Never drove in it before and it looks like tomorrow its going to be torrential where I live!

Get your instructor to show you how to work the windscreen wipers obviously :tongue:

Other than that, just be careful. Try not to go too fast through any big puddles (I did on a lesson at about 50mph on a dual carriageway and it pulled the car to the left suddenly. Pretty scary when you're not expecting it)

Keep a bit more distance between you and the car in front, take corners nice and slow

Basically, just take more time with everything. This doesn't mean you should go at 15mph in a 30, but if you feel like you're not fully in control, slow down a bit.
Reply 403

Keep a longer than normal separation distance too, they'll mark you down if you don't.
Reply 404
Failed 2 days ago :frown: 1 major and 5 minors. 4 of the minors were for hesitation on the same roundabout ... I couldn't get myself going ... one minor because I stalled the car right at the beginning of the test after I started the car lol .. nerves .... the major was for causing another driver to slow down at a round about... damn it, so close! ... booked another test. At first I couldn't find any slots until september, but luckily I found one for 13th of august :smile:
Reply 405
hello i failed today 23rd july was my silly fault failed on positioning and speed, 37 in a 30 and going over solid double white line and funny thing is well its not funny but i did the same route on my practice lesson am taking it again but without the pressure now just going to relax drive every day have a couple of lessons with an instructor but will keep going until i pass
Yo, failed my test today. 1 Major and two minors. The major was for not properly looking right at a roundabout. (Utter *******s.)

Just wondering how long it took most people to get a retest?
Reply 407
i failed today as well 11 faults and 2 serious but never mind it depends on the area some have no waiting list and some have about 8 weeks or even longer go to DSA.org
Reply 408
Failed a few weeks back. I stalled at a hill junction, which wasn't a problem, but then I just proceeded without looking to the right of the junction.

Now let me clarify, when I say "without looking" I mean without physically turning my head to look. I was actually perfectly aware of my surroundings and the fact that nothing was coming but I was given a major fault there for not actually looking if you know what I mean?

Other wise I totted up eight minors in addition.
Reply 409

Did you pass?
Original post by Kev31
Did you pass?

I don't think he was doing a test, but I could be wrong.
Reply 411
Driving test tomorrow. Don't feel confident enough. There are some weird roundabouts there.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 412
Failed second test today, 1 serious 3 minors. Feel so hopeless, don't even want to imagine going through it all again :frown:
Reply 413
Original post by Bugsy
Failed second test today, 1 serious 3 minors. Feel so hopeless, don't even want to imagine going through it all again :frown:

Do not give up no matter what had my third attempt today! I've been learning for about 3 years! And I got there today! Keep going dust urself n try again I know what it feels like!

Reply 414
Original post by Greenzgal
Do not give up no matter what had my third attempt today! I've been learning for about 3 years! And I got there today! Keep going dust urself n try again I know what it feels like!

Thanks.. I know it's not the end but after each attempt it really gets you down. Just have to keep going I suppose. Congrats on passing though, you must be over the moon :biggrin:
Reply 415
Trust me I've been in your same situation,I came home and cried!!! Many times dOnt give up! Third time lucky!!!

Hey :smile: I need some help real quick.

Failed my test today (1st time, 3 minors. I failed literally one minute away from the end of my test - didn't check the crossroad properly - I actually feel so stupid.) my instructor told me to get a cancellation test ASAP. All afternoon, I have been trying to find out how to do this online and I've been told the whole 'click change booking on the DSA site and enter two out of three details', okay done that but it's not giving me the option to change anything apart from my address. Am I doing something wrong or what?

I think I need a step-by-step in layman's terms 'cause even the Directgov site isn't helping me out here. :confused: Any help will be much appreciated.
Reply 417
Original post by Poetry&flows
Hey :smile: I need some help real quick.

Failed my test today (1st time, 3 minors. I failed literally one minute away from the end of my test - didn't check the crossroad properly - I actually feel so stupid.) my instructor told me to get a cancellation test ASAP. All afternoon, I have been trying to find out how to do this online and I've been told the whole 'click change booking on the DSA site and enter two out of three details', okay done that but it's not giving me the option to change anything apart from my address. Am I doing something wrong or what?

I think I need a step-by-step in layman's terms 'cause even the Directgov site isn't helping me out here. :confused: Any help will be much appreciated.

Have you booked a new date yet? Cos you can't change it unless you have a date atm...hope this helps :smile:

Failed my test for the 8th or 9th time. I feeling so crap at the moment because I know I can do it, my instructor(s) know I can do it :/ i feel like crying :frown: I literally had the most perfect drive before the test, then messed it up when it mattered. I'm such a failure. The worst was telling my mum, again.
Original post by *Dreamer*
Failed my test for the 8th or 9th time. I feeling so crap at the moment because I know I can do it, my instructor(s) know I can do it :/ i feel like crying :frown: I literally had the most perfect drive before the test, then messed it up when it mattered. I'm such a failure. The worst was telling my mum, again.

Sorry to hear that.

What have been the reasons you've failed in your previous tests?

Latest

Trending

Trending