The Student Room Group

Orang indonesia, nongkrong disini yuk!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by butter_god

It wasn't awkward, it just took some time for me to try to fathom what they were saying. I'm usually around my bule friends and do not have that problem- some of the english accents were very thick.. in 8 months, I seem to have developed that accent too!

Wow, so cool to have that British accent! Kamu sekarang lg kuliah di university? Udah berapa lama di UK? I've just started studying here, and still in an international college, so I haven't meet any British student yet :/
Reply 61
Original post by xplosives13

haha you need to learn it fast XDXD it's so easy!! it takes less than 5 minutes to cook one :biggrin::biggrin:

ive just tried it this morning. my soup end up with no taste, plain. hate it :mad:
i think i'll end up eating sandwiches 24/7 in uk :cool:
Reply 62
Well, lihat pembantu untuk seharian.. I usually did the stuff in my house (mami tidak suka pembantu.. x.x )

also, youtube is your best friend. :colondollar:

haha i need pembantu :frown: ive to learn everything in 3 weeks. i'm getting frustrated because still no info about my visa :s-smilie:

since my holiday 3 months ago, been watching YT all day long, variety shows etc, never get bored of YT :colondollar:
Reply 63
Original post by nadiapops
haha i need pembantu :frown: ive to learn everything in 3 weeks. i'm getting frustrated because still no info about my visa :s-smilie:

since my holiday 3 months ago, been watching YT all day long, variety shows etc, never get bored of YT :colondollar:

Woahhh when did you apply and when are you going to UK?

Oh gua dapat recipe dari: www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/recipes/healthy/cheap-and-healthy/

ngak mahal terus easy to make.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by deistra13
Wow, so cool to have that British accent! Kamu sekarang lg kuliah di university? Udah berapa lama di UK? I've just started studying here, and still in an international college, so I haven't meet any British student yet :/

My friends who haven't heard me in a year (I blame time difference) say that my accent has changed drastically. Used to have an American/Canadian/British accent after high school (thanks to my friends), and now the British part has dominated. I think it's the Queen's English which I have picked up no thanks to asking a male friend (with that accent) about some words.

No, you don't need a pembantu. No offence (RANTING HERE), I've lived in Indo for most of my life and cannot believe the dependance on domestic helpers. My cousin is lazy as **** and doesn't know the basics even though he's 13 yrs old. (END RANT)
I meant using YT to help you with stuff like learning how to use a laundry machine ect. It should help. Also, if you are alright with some people making fun of you, you can ask them how to do the wash. There will be some people in the same situation.

You'll get your visa as long as everything was sorted before giving the docs in. Don't they have an internet tracking system for the visa?
Reply 65
My friends who haven't heard me in a year (I blame time difference) say that my accent has changed drastically. Used to have an American/Canadian/British accent after high school (thanks to my friends), and now the British part has dominated. I think it's the Queen's English which I have picked up no thanks to asking a male friend (with that accent) about some words.

No, you don't need a pembantu. No offence (RANTING HERE), I've lived in Indo for most of my life and cannot believe the dependance on domestic helpers. My cousin is lazy as **** and doesn't know the basics even though he's 13 yrs old. (END RANT)
I meant using YT to help you with stuff like learning how to use a laundry machine ect. It should help. Also, if you are alright with some people making fun of you, you can ask them how to do the wash. There will be some people in the same situation.

You'll get your visa as long as everything was sorted before giving the docs in. Don't they have an internet tracking system for the visa?

I love southern British accent, but really hate scouse accent, I hardly understand them.

You are right mate, our dependence on maids and domestic helpers are horrible. Thats why I chose to study abroad to learn to be independent and broaden my experience in life. :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by hhforever
I love southern British accent, but really hate scouse accent, I hardly understand them.

You are right mate, our dependence on maids and domestic helpers are horrible. Thats why I chose to study abroad to learn to be independent and broaden my experience in life. :smile:

Went up to Glasgow for a short period of time and the accents were different, but you end up understanding them anyway. I despise the cockney accent ('orrible, I know).. my first boss had one and I didn't have the best experiences working under him.

I'm not going to work in JKT, I come here only to meet fam ect. There are no prospects for me over here to be completely honest.

What do you do?
Reply 67
Went up to Glasgow for a short period of time and the accents were different, but you end up understanding them anyway. I despise the cockney accent ('orrible, I know).. my first boss had one and I didn't have the best experiences working under him.

I'm not going to work in JKT, I come here only to meet fam ect. There are no prospects for me over here to be completely honest.

What do you do?

I am a student, going to be a fresher on september in Manchester. I've only been to London for about a week though. So practically have little to none knowledge of UK apart from those I saw in BBC dramas.
Reply 68
I am a student, going to be a fresher on september in Manchester. I've only been to London for about a week though. So practically have little to none knowledge of UK apart from those I saw in BBC dramas.

Enjoy :smile: What are you studying?
Reply 69
Enjoy :smile: What are you studying?

Business Studies :smile:
Reply 70

I think it's already been our mindset though. Even though we're actually capable at doing something, we just feel that we need our maids etc. Your cousin is better than, i have a friend (18) and her maid still help her to put on her clothes etc :tongue:
I'm good at washing dishes and cleaning the house, but im really sucks at cooking. And i'm sure my mom will make sure i learned everything before i go :colondollar:

Ah do they? I'm with an education agent to plan my study there. I didn't know they have the online one. It should be out this week though :s-smilie:
Reply 71
I think it's already been our mindset though. Even though we're actually capable at doing something, we just feel that we need our maids etc. Your cousin is better than, i have a friend (18) and her maid still help her to put on her clothes etc :tongue:
I'm good at washing dishes and cleaning the house, but im really sucks at cooking. And i'm sure my mom will make sure i learned everything before i go :colondollar:

Ah do they? I'm with an education agent to plan my study there. I didn't know they have the online one. It should be out this week though :s-smilie:

hehe...learning to cook from my mum as well! I think everyone can clean as long as they try, oh well studying abroad will train us to be independent from our pembantu.

Oh? agent, maybe get from them the track number. How much did you pay for your agent?
Reply 72
Woahhh when did you apply and when are you going to UK?

Oh gua dapat recipe dari: www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/recipes/healthy/cheap-and-healthy/

ngak mahal terus easy to make.

around July 21st, im going Aug30, but i still need to get my schengen visa sorted out after the UK one :s-smilie: bec I planned on going for a week holiday first before going to UK.

I'm currently learning the basics (spaghetti, mac and cheese etc) and quite surprised that spaghetti is that easy to made :biggrin:
Reply 73
around July 21st, im going Aug30, but i still need to get my schengen visa sorted out after the UK one :s-smilie: bec I planned on going for a week holiday first before going to UK.

I'm currently learning the basics (spaghetti, mac and cheese etc) and quite surprised that spaghetti is that easy to made :biggrin:

Schengen Visa was a pain to make last year, when I went. I've got to go to jakarta twice to apply for both UK and Schengen. But I heard this year, you don't need to be present to apply for schengen visa, hence an agent representative can do it instead.

hehe, just learnt spaghetti as well not quite long ago...:biggrin:
Reply 74
Oh ya? anak indo yg gw tau cm dikit. iya baru masuk tahun ini. tau sih ada anak2 indo lain, tapi belom pernah ketemu. sering kumpul2 ga anak indonya? sekarang lg summer term orang indonya dikit banget :frown:
Wah, hasilnya keluar bentar lg kan. Nanti kuliah di UCL? jurusan apa? Gw juga pengen masuk UCL

Anak indonya sih sering banget ketemu cuman gw jarang sama mrk jd gw aja ga terlalu tau aktivitas mrk itu kyk gmn :biggrin:

Ga mungkin ga pernah ketemu!! hayoo pasti ada dong :biggrin:

Gw kalo diterima ke UCL (tentulah hasil a-levels segala macem bakal keluar dlm minggu ini) ambil jurusan politik dengan bhs spanyol

Kapan mulai aplikasinya?
Reply 75
Original post by asparkyn
Anak indonya sih sering banget ketemu cuman gw jarang sama mrk jd gw aja ga terlalu tau aktivitas mrk itu kyk gmn :biggrin:

Ga mungkin ga pernah ketemu!! hayoo pasti ada dong :biggrin:

Gw kalo diterima ke UCL (tentulah hasil a-levels segala macem bakal keluar dlm minggu ini) ambil jurusan politik dengan bhs spanyol

Kapan mulai aplikasinya?

Gw ga pernah ketemu sm perkumpulan anak indonya, cm pernah ketemu beberapa orang indo aja. Btw, kita pernah ketemu ga ya? :P

Wow spanyol, kedengerannya susah banget. Gw udah mulai daftar2 UCAS sih, tp baru ngisi2 data gitu. Kayaknya mulai sept baru ngisi personal statement sm university choices gt deh.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by qwertyqwert
I'm hoping to join this thread and remember some of my bahasa! I forgot most of it :frown: but reading your posts are bringing back a few words :P Aku dari Jakarta but I live in singapore so forgot everything because I didn't have anyone to speak bahasa to!

wahhh km stay di singapore brapa lama? aq disingapore baru 5 years sih..
Reply 77
haha im leaving 31aug. haha naek emirates ni aku open ticket, kena 17 an hehe kamu naek apa? ohh kamu k london ya aku turun di birmingham nanti. tapi jalan2 dulu si ke paris :biggrin: cant waittt. hehe

woaaah enaknya transit paris yaa.. aduh ini aq cek tiket emirates uda abis small O___O kayanya aq naek KLM deh.. turun di london dulu trus aq ke cardiff naek train. open ticket tuh harganya lebih mahal? belinya sama agent minta open ticket gt?
Reply 78

huh?how come no british student?
Reply 79
Sama2! Been in Sg for 11 years that Im really not good with Bahasa, especially the shortforms for messaging.

the shortform really convinient :wink:
aq juga di spore.km study dmana d spore? lots of singapore residents here :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest