The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Still waiting to hear since November!!!!

:mad:

Hello all,

This is pretty self exlanitory really, bascially I applied to do Sociology and Anthropology at OB, my application wqas processed just before the October halfterm , so to be fair I applied quite early yes?

However, all of my other choices replied back to me, some were potive responses and others... well not so good :p: , but the point is they all replied by the end of November. As of yet I am still waiting to hear from OB its really annoying me , because I cant reply with my offers and in addition its making me feel less likely about actually going to OB, To add insult to injusry the department that sociology is in, e-mailed me to say that they do not hold departmental open days?!

Does anyone do a Course in this department and how long did it take them to get a reply???

Many thanks
they arnt obliged to have replied to you yet, just be calm.

If you have other offers you like and dont want OB, then ring UCAS up to withdraw your application there.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
bo_supremo
:mad:
This is pretty self exlanitory really, bascially I applied to do Sociology and Anthropology at OB, my application wqas processed just before the October halfterm , so to be fair I applied quite early yes?

Does anyone do a Course in this department and how long did it take them to get a reply???

I applied the same time as you and i have only just recieved an offer. So at least that shows that they are not making us wait this long to reject us! They should reply soon and i know what you mean about becoming dispondent, i suppose you just have to be patient. :wink:
Reply 3
yea i guess, ah well whatch this space and all that jazz!

cheers for your coments peeps!
Reply 4
hey i applied middle of november for psychology and i heard from all my other uni's a while ago and havent heard a word from oxford-brookes not even an email or letter (like edinburgh did) so say they will reply late. its so annoyin waitin this long. wil b so disappointed if after all this waitin i get rejected. does anyone kno why it takes them so so long and other unis rnt??
I dont know why it takes them so long to respond but if and when they do give you an offer, the promotional stuff they send is a lot more impressive then most other unis. They must have sent me 3 booklets and a cd rom. Mabye its just a very popular course and they are trying to find the best candidates? lol, good luck.
Reply 6
Yeah, saing the best till last perhaps. I think it varies from department to department for rexponse , cos although in the same Uni they are kinda autonomous !

I applied in november, and it took them just over five months to reply and everyone else (otyher choices) replied before December!

cheers

Latest

Trending

Trending