Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Mature Students Accommodation Choices 2012

University Navigation

    • Thread Starter

    I'll be 23 when I start my degree at Manchester and I'm worried about what to do for my accommodation. In offence to nobody, my younger brother is 18 and we're worlds apart in terms of attitudes etc. So the idea of living with someone his age is a tad worrying for me. Are any of you going into halls or renting your own accom? In all honesty this is so new to me I'm completely out of my depth in deciding. I'm not that sure of my options So any advice would be most welcome.

    Thank you

    I have asked UoM to consider me for housing in post-graduate halls although they won't be able to guarantee it. It might be a viable option.

    I was 27 when starting and have lived in Lambert Halls which is undergrad accommodation. It's definitely been the right option. Brilliant location and much quieter than Fallowfield (though the option to go down to Fallowfield for the occasional night-out is available). There are two problems though, first is that it's very expensive, the second is that you're living over from a railway bridge and a nursery so if you'd ever like to sleep in, there's no chance.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

How many mugs of tea do you drink a day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.