What brand of coffee has the most caffeine in it?

Watch
L1000
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Stocking up on coffee for long revision nights!

Which brand contains the most caffeine?
Student296
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not sure, but the number of mugs of coffee you drink should do the trick in terms caffeine intake.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's one called "rocketfuel"
Chiko 1001
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Depends on how you take it. Anything with additives will just make you ill. In all honesty, as one with much experience in late nights and cramming, you're far far better getting into the habit of studying until 10pm then going to sleep and getting up at a reasonable time. Coffee doesn't replace sleep and you end up ill.

If you're intent on coffee as your route, just drink illy espresso. Make it with a proper espresso maker (doesn't have to be a machine- stove-top espresso makers are £25).
Megaross
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Jamaican blue mountain is the highest caffiene content I've come across and it's absolutely beautiful, although I imagine it's out of your price range.

I've tried "rocket fuel" it's disgusting, just get some red bulls if all you want is a kick up the arse.
Or buy some pure caffiene and some scales (you can severely overdose if you don't measure pure caffiene correctly)

I'd also agree with the sleep thing, studying on no sleep is just counter productive. You'll get more done with a full nights rest, reduced cognitive function due to lack of rem sleep coupled with caffiene and the associated side effects make studying or understanding anything difficult.
Exopaladin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Taylors Hot Lava Java in Sainsburys (and presumably other supermarkets) is supposed to be pretty high caffeine and is also fairly nice coffee, but it's ground coffee for a cafetiere rather than instant. Nicer than instant though and Sainsburys also sell cheap cafetieres so it could be an option

Don't buy the rocket fuel instant coffee, it's disgusting.
ihearthomos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Taylors Hot Lava Java in Sainsburys, I agree with this. It is £3.49 whilst that seems pricey in comparison to instant it is cheaper than buying one or two coffees in a coffee shop. I find that a bag of coffee will last me a month, having two or three a day and the occasional cup for a friend.

It is high in caffeine and is actually the nicest coffee I have had to date. Some coffees have a nasty bitter taste but Lava Java tasted smooth and almost chocolate like down to the last sip. I drink mine black with one or two sugars and I find that with Lava Java I don't need as much sugar as I usually use it to mask the bitterness. The high caffeine is an added bonus as you tend to drink less.

I never used to like coffee but I realised it is instant coffee that I dislike. You can not beat a good cup of real coffee. A cafetiere is a good investment if you enjoy coffee.

If you are going to be drinking something night after night during the revision period may I suggest you invest in something you will enjoy or drinking it will become a chore.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I reckon this one might be quite strong:

http://www.saucestore.com/9999.html

For those of you with a sensitive disposition, that website has naughty swear words on it.
Lamptastic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Too much caffeine for Uni cramming made me jittery, palpitate and see flashing lights.

Though a strong cafetiere or double espresso gives me a kick start on a particularly dreary afternoon.
eric2356
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sons of Amazon - UK Strongest!
eric2356
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sons of Amazon - UK strongest coffee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads