Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Student Finance/accommodation Watch

    • Thread Starter


    I am currently underway with the above and I was wondering (this may be a stupid and obvious question) but do you have to organise both your firm and insurance finance and accommodation or just your firm? Im guessing its both but i just want to make sure

    You only put one uni down for your finance, this should be your firm. If you end up going to your insurance just ring them and they'll change it. Accommodation depends on your insurance unis policy, most of them don't require you to apply for it unless you end up there in August.

    I've got a question to, do you sort your accommodation out through direct gov or the uni you want to go to?
    • PS Reviewer

    Some unis let you apply for accommodation if they're your firm. You need to check the uni website.

    (Original post by bahjat93)
    I've got a question to, do you sort your accommodation out through direct gov or the uni you want to go to?
    Accomodation is dealt with by the university.
What is your favourite film genre?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.