Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for 4 physics courses and 1 math/eco course in January.

My personal statement aims more towards physics, but after some consideration my favourite course is actually math/eco at LSE.

As it's very competitive I think about calling or writing them, to ask if they want to know more about my work experience, or give them the toefl test results I got a week ago and tell them how interested I'm in math/eco.

Does that make any sense?

The thing is, I don't want them to throw away my application because I mentioned shortly how great physics is.

ReputationRep:
    No advice at all?

ReputationRep:
    phone them up and explain to them that you have had a change of heart and it is the course you want to do, either that or write them a letter. Offer to come for an interview if they want to know more..

Good luck!!

Ps do it asap so they don't not give you an offer because of you personal statement...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, that won't have any effet on my other choices or are they sick enough to phone them (you never know) !?

ReputationRep:
    Allright, thanks a lot? An e-mail will do the job...? I'm not a native speaker so a phone call could get me in trouble, if they ask for too complicated answers...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'll do that.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.