The Student Room Group

Medicine reapplicant alevel drop or not?

Hi guys.

I applied for medicine this year unfortunately I was unsuccessful. I have 8A*3A at GCSE, and AAAA at AS. I already have an A in A2 maths, and could strongly get A*A*A out of bio, chem and physics. The only thing is that im doing an extra further maths AS level and EPQ. In the further maths I have done FP1 with 88 ums but am doing M2 and FP2 in the summer and I am wondering if I should drop it as I dont think it would add much value to my application and may detract from me getting A*s. Most unis I looked at go we count fmaths and maths together, or we only care bout 3A2 and 4AS. Im looking to apply to some of these med skls (obv not set in stone) HYMS, St Georges, Barts, Imperial, Manchester, UCL. Also I think having a good BMAT and UKCAT matters more. What u guys think, shall i drop?
Reply 1
If you think it's going to affect your A-Level grades overall then you're probably best off dropping it esp if you don't think it's going to add much to your application. Better to have all the required A-Level grades than not meet the requirements but have an AS in further maths.
If its going to interfere with your chances of getting AAA (or more) at A2, I would drop it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending