The Student Room Group

Snooker

Scroll to see replies

I would have loved to see the two all time legends Ronnie and Hendry playing in the Finals
Reply 301
I just hope Ronnie doesn't run away in the first session tomorrow
Original post by green.tea
what did he do?

just tuned in due to sisters kids christening and some retarded nonsense about not watching snooker in church

He was refusing pots and you could see Ronnie getting a bit frustrated at times. Still think Ronnie will run away with it tomorrow
Snooker will never see a player like Hendry and Ronnie ... They have just raised the level to perfection ... I know people say that Judd could be the next Hendry but that i just dont see that X Factor in Judd
Original post by UnknownPerson
Snooker will never see a player like Hendry and Ronnie ... They have just raised the level to perfection ... I know people say that Judd could be the next Hendry but that i just dont see that X Factor in Judd

I think williams and j higgins equal hendry in terms of playing ability. Ive not seen any sign of anyone showing anything anywhere near ronnies ability.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 306
Original post by UnknownPerson

Yeah, I don't think we will see anyone of Hendry & Ronnie's calibre for a long while.
Original post by f1mad
Yeah, I don't think we will see anyone of Hendry & Ronnie's calibre for a long while.

There is no "hendry & ronnie".

Hendry is a dull robotic narcissistic try hard.

Ronnie was born what he is.
Reply 308
There is no "hendry & ronnie".

Hendry is a dull robotic narcissistic try hard.

Ronnie was born what he is.

Get your head out of Ronnie's ass.

They're both world class players who graced the sport in a way no-other before them or in the future will.
Original post by f1mad
Get your head out of Ronnie's ass.

They're both world class players who graced the sport in a way no-other before them or in the future will.

Watching ronnie play is like watching a cheetah run.
I think williams and j higgins equal hendry in terms of playing ability. Ive not seen any sign of anyone showing anything anywhere near ronnies ability.

Without Hendry there wouldn't be a Higgins or Williams. Hendry introduced aggressive long potting and took break building to another level. He is the man that brought us the modern game we see on TV. It's very special to play beyond the limits of what is perceived top of the game. He played in a way that was new-- Higgins and Williams have done nothing of the kind.He will always be one of the greatest ever in the sport because he broke the boundaries, advanced the game and won the most World titles in the process. I agree he lacks charisma and isn't as natural as Ronnie, but he was special indeed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
Without Hendry there wouldn't be a Higgins or Williams. Hendry introduced aggressive long potting and took break building to another level. He is the man that bought us the modern game we see on TV. It's very special to play beyond the limits of what is perceived top of the game. He played in a way that was new-- Higgins and Williams have done nothing of the kind.He will always be one of the greatest ever in the sport because he broke the boundaries, advanced the game and won the most World titles in the process. I agree he lacks charisma and isn't as natural as Ronnie, but he was special indeed.

Hendrys style was copied and improved.

You cant copy and improve natures perfection.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Cheetah#p00715gc[/video]
Fantastic tournament so far, managed to get to a couple of sessions in the Crucible, and followed most of it on TV. Hope O'Sullivan wins, but Carter is by no means out of this, just needs to stop getting so frustrated.

And Hendry is indeed one of the best players to grace the game, you don't win 7 world championships with no talent, absolutely incredible player.
(edited 11 years ago)
I expect Carter to be more aggressive later on. Just like the Maguire match I think he wanted to stay in contention in the first couple of sessions and now he will try and kick on. I don't expect him to go completely in the other direction though. Just a few more calculated risks. He really needs to win the next session.
Hendrys style was copied and improved.

You cant copy and improve natures perfection.

[video]http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Cheetah#p00715gc[/video]

Easy to follow, harder to lead. When sportsmen transform their sport they are considered great. It's like Roger Bannister's 4 minute mile. He broke new ground to do that and it's considered one of the greatest moments in athletics. It's irrelevant that others have done it faster. He was the first that lead the way.
Hendry is an all time great in snooker. You'really having a laugh equating him to the likes of Williams. Seriously :rolleyes:

I'm a huge Ronnie fan but to call him or anyone perfection shows you don't have a clue. If he were perfection, he would've won 10 World Championships in a row, instead he has only 3 (less than Hendry by a long way). If he were perfection he wouldn't have had an attitude problem that hindered him. Perfection doesn't exist in any sport. You sound so naive I actually suspect you're trolling.
(edited 11 years ago)
Trump lost from 10-7 so Carter is definitely in the match.
Reply 316
Original post by Dalek1099

So? Ronnie is a different beast when the Rocket sets off.
Original post by Dalek1099

And 12-9. Ronnie is way better tactically than Trump though. Trump tends to rely solely on his own potting ability. Ronnie has been brilliant throughout this tournament at the safety play which is why I don't see Carter winning. Against the likes of Maguire and Trump, Carter is a much better tactician. He simply doesn't have the same edge over Ronnie in that department.
Original post by TheMagicRat
And 12-9. Ronnie is way better tactically than Trump though. Trump tends to rely solely on his own potting ability. Ronnie has been brilliant throughout this tournament at the safety play which is why I don't see Carter winning. Against the likes of Maguire and Trump, Carter is a much better tactician. He simply doesn't have the same edge over Ronnie in that department.

We all know how Ronnie gets bored of the tactical play quickly and i think Carter is trying to do that by playing some of the pointless shots to put Ronnie of the game but its just not working because i see Ronnie calmer than ever !! Hats off to Ronnie
Carter carrying on where he left off: refusing pots. He's not gonna win a world championship with that attitude.

Quick Reply

Latest