Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do your biceps feel weird if you don't lift for a week? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone else got this basicly when i don't lift for a week for e.g this week because i couldn't get to the gym, my biceps feel like they're getting smaller but they're harder than normal? just wondered

ReputationRep:
    in what way are they harder? for a few hours after an arm workout.....i usually cant tense as hard....but anytime after that....they're pretty much the same....

ReputationRep:
    Do you train nothing but your biceps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEHughes)
    Do you train nothing but your biceps?
    No I train everything but legs, as do cross country so my legs would hurt from recovery during races/training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordBradburn)
    No I train everything but legs, as do cross country so my legs would hurt from recovery during races/training.
    :l

You don't train legs. At all.

And your excuse is cross country?

Just... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    How many km are you running a week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)

Do you even lift?

ReputationRep:
    Do you even lift?
    Yes, a good deal more than you I might add, and I swim 24 hours a week. Yet I don't not train my shoulders in the gym because I use them in Swimming. :l

ReputationRep:
    Yes, a good deal more than you I might add, and I swim 24 hours a week. Yet I don't not train my shoulders in the gym because I use them in Swimming. :l
    Pics or it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    LOL just reread that was taking you seriously until you said you swam 24 hours a week :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEHughes)
    How many km are you running a week?
    9km on a race, 2km normally at training.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else play darts 3 times a day and train 5 days a week... But not train chest cause throwing those darts gives your chest a workout anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CambridgeGent)
    Does anyone else play darts 3 times a day and train 5 days a week... But not train chest cause throwing those darts gives your chest a workout anyway?
    How much does a dart weigh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CambridgeGent)
    Well, I play wii so I don't work anything out since it's a full workout anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Sure

Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  21942eq.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  43.8 KB

LOL just reread that was taking you seriously until you said you swam 24 hours a week :rolleyes:
    You think training 24 hours is unrealistic?

http://www.millfieldswimming.com/training.php

Educate yourself.

Edit : Also, your neg is weak, kind of like your pathetic drumsticks for legs.

ReputationRep:
    How much does a dart weigh?
    5 grams... Probably more than most can bench

ReputationRep:
    Sure

Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  21942eq.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  43.8 KB

You think training 24 hours is unrealistic?

http://www.millfieldswimming.com/training.php

Educate yourself.
    Unrealistic if you have a life.. And you obviously can't get an education if you spend all your time lifting/swimming.

ReputationRep:
    Unrealistic if you have a life.. And you obviously can't get an education if you spend all your time lifting/swimming.
    Amusing.

Offer holder to Oxbridge?

Active social life?

I train in the mornings and in the evenings most days, I can still go out afterwards on the odd weekend. Yes, I can't have junkfood or get pissed before an event, but that is part of the fitness lifestyle.

I spend 30 hours a week on my fitness. Thats it.

ReputationRep:

Why is this so bad?

Not everyone needs to train to be the best. Some people are cool with being about average and having a good time.

e.g. I play football, but I don't really care about training my quads when I go down the gym, as I play football for FUN?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iSMark)
    Why is this so bad?

Not everyone needs to train to be the best. Some people are cool with being about average and having a good time.

e.g. I play football, but I don't really care about training my quads when I go down the gym, as I play football for FUN?
    I don't think you understand.

If you go to the gym, you go with the express purpose of either increasing your lifts, getting fitter/better at a sport or to gain aesthetics. Not training legs helps with NONE of these things, and ultimately makes you look like a **** of the highest order to everyone the moment you put on a pair of shorts and go to the beech.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.