has anyone applied to Royal mail? Watch

Minnie mu
Badges: 4
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i had just seen a temporary job which you apply online, however i have completed all sections of the summary but i cannot complete the work history section??

i keep getting this message when i try to save or mark as complete
"Records are required for at least 5 year(s) with a maximum of 14 day(s) between entries"
i have already have previous 5 years history but till now am unemployed?

does anyone have this problem with them, what should i do?????:confused:
iceman95
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you have to state what you are doing now in the present.
Minnie mu
i have stated unemployed as a current status as well as my previous work employment, i also have deleted work experiences which was more than 5 years to condense to 5 years only?

the website wont let you go further than that!

any other ideas?

my previous work experiences was seasonal casual temporary work which was with royal mail during the xmas period, could that be a reason for gaps in employment??
lilymay1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you left gaps of more than 14 days?
Minnie mu
I have breaks in between which is more than 14 days.... do u think i should state unemployed?
PJ991
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You have to have something in the gaps or they won't let it go further. So if you were unemployed, yes. If you were at school over the past 5 years, put that on.
Minnie mu
(Original post by PJ991)
You have to have something in the gaps or they won't let it go further. So if you were unemployed, yes. If you were at school over the past 5 years, put that on.
i will try again thanks
dis_bwy_ali
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello i really need someones help please
im applying for the royalmail job and i am stuck =/
my work history is..
START END
8 September 2003 - 6 June 2008 Least Recent No n/a Education < PRESCENT <

9 June 2008 - 12 September 2008 No n/a half term school finished started college

15 September 2008 10 July 2009 No n/a college / construction

14 July 2009 23 October 2009 No n/a Holidays From College , Looking For Work

2 November 2009 14 May 2010 No n/a college Entry To Employment

18 October 2010 7 January 2011 No n/a college NetWork Railing

31 January 2011 5 December 2011 No n/a JobSeekers Allowence

7 December 2011 23 December 2011 Yes Royal Mail ( Angard Staffing ) Christmas casual

23 December 2012 Jobseekers allowance Looking for work unemployed ( on going ) < recent <

what have i done wrong? can sum1 please help me?
PJ991
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You've got a gap of more than 14 days. One of your gaps is 24 days.
Callaghan18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Atticus_13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, can anyone help? I am applying for a job at Royal Mail, and I am also struggling with the 5 year record. Here's what I've got, can anyone tell me where I've went wrong, as it won't let me advance. Thanks

inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Atticus_13)
Hi, can anyone help? I am applying for a job at Royal Mail, and I am also struggling with the 5 year record. Here's what I've got, can anyone tell me where I've went wrong, as it won't let me advance. Thanks
Hi,
Please note that if you've got formatting in your post it isn't going to show up! Please try re-posting without the formatting tags.
Inksplodge
Atticus_13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, sorry I will try again manually!

This is what I have:
2nd Sept 2002-3rd July 2007: School
4th Sept 2007- 4th June 2008: College
8th Sept 2007-Present (blank) : work at Morrisons
6th Aug 2008- 15th Sept 2009: Territorial Army.

This is as it appears on the screen. Some of my experience overlaps, will this be the problem? Please help, thanks
PJ991
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Atticus_13)
Hi, sorry I will try again manually!

This is what I have:
2nd Sept 2002-3rd July 2007: School
4th Sept 2007- 4th June 2008: College
8th Sept 2007-Present (blank) : work at Morrisons
6th Aug 2008- 15th Sept 2009: Territorial Army.

This is as it appears on the screen. Some of my experience overlaps, will this be the problem? Please help, thanks
you've a gap that's too big between school and college. You'll have to fill that in with something like "on holiday" or something or it won't let you past to the next page. If I remember correctly you can only have a 14 day gap.
hafa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definitely make sure you include things like summer holidays etc. That's how I did it on my application last Christmas.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Lisaloop
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
I want to apply for a postman job. But im pretty petite. Should I bother? I know they might take one look and laugh or something.
PJ991
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lisaloop)
Hi,
I want to apply for a postman job. But im pretty petite. Should I bother? I know they might take one look and laugh or something.
They wouldn't laugh. As long as your capable of carrying the bags and stuff, you'll be fine.

Postmen tend to be on the smaller side anyway from what I've seen. At 186cm I'm like a giant where I work.
Lisaloop
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PJ991)
They wouldn't laugh. As long as your capable of carrying the bags and stuff, you'll be fine.

Postmen tend to be on the smaller side anyway from what I've seen. At 186cm I'm like a giant where I work.
Do you work for the royal mail? Anyone seen any young postwomen?
PJ991
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lisaloop)
Do you work for the royal mail? Anyone seen any young postwomen?
yes and yes. There aren't many though, it's a male dominated job, and older men at that. Most women work indoors too.
swarlsbronson
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, I know this is a bit of an old thread now but hoping someone will see this. I'm currently applying for a job at the royal mail depo nr me and like most people on here having probelms with the whole 5 year and 14 days thing, here is what I've put in:

1/7/2011 to present
14/7/2009 - 28/6/2011
3/8/2008 - 4/7/2009

Condensed it to fit in within 5 years and as far as I can see there is no gaps bigger than 14 days!
Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

SB.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (44)
60.27%
No (29)
39.73%

Watched Threads