The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Stefan1991
No, I don't defend rapists. I defend people accused of rape when it's obvious that the "victims" involved willingly consented. The reporting on this case leads me to believe that they did. And so has countless cases before like it.

Just because a 16 year old decides to have sex with an 20 year old doesn't mean it's automatically rape. You need to look past the moral hysteria.

it was rape. what part of rape don't you understand? your o nly defending them because they're minroties anyway.
Original post by Bonged.
..has held a number of positions in the norweigan labour party. I meant non biased sources tbh.

Again with the hypocrisy. Don't say that I don't accept certain sites because of my world view (I tend to accept broadsheets), and then refuse to accept sites because of your world view

Secondly, it's from the Norway police
No, I don't defend rapists. I defend people accused of rape when it's obvious that the "victims" involved willingly consented. The reporting on this case leads me to believe that they did. And so has countless cases before like it.

Just because a 16 year old decides to have sex with an 20 year old doesn't mean it's automatically rape. You need to look past the moral hysteria.

actually, it is, seeing as that would be statutory rape.
Original post by effofex
The UK government does not operate separate policies on a nation-by-nation basis for countries outside the European Union.

So they would not have reduced controls for the South-East Asian nations (Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia) whilst maintaining a stricer policy for non-EU & non-South East Asian nations (Canada, India, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Turkey, South Africa, etc.).

but i wish they did. heheh.
Reply 84
Can you not read? The 16 year olds consented and enjoyed the sex. How is that "sick"? :lolwut: What is sick is that they've put innocent people in prison.

your so childish. you sound about 10.

you really believe this guy when he said that they enjoyed it??

you believe him do you? since everybody enjoys gang rape don't they.

these guys were also plugging these 15 year old with booze. they're shameless not innocent.

as i said, you defended a terrorist earlier who supports terrorism, preaches terrorism and has links to terrorists.

you think hes innocent too. stop trolling.
Reply 85
Original post by de_monies
Again with the hypocrisy. Don't say that I don't accept certain sites because of my world view (I tend to accept broadsheets), and then refuse to accept sites because of your world view

Secondly, it's from the Norway police

To be fair I did ask for a non biased source.

The norweigan labour party is KNOWN to muddy the waters when it comes to truth about integration etc. It would be like believing the British labour party on immigration.

Who are under the control of? The labour party. In fact, the British police covered up the epidemic of grooming for years, why wouldn't the norweigan police have similar "community relations" measures?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Can you not read? The 16 year olds consented and enjoyed the sex. How is that "sick"? :lolwut: What is sick is that they've put innocent people in prison.

lol. are you one of them types that turns up to paedophiles trials and defends them?
Reply 87

So why were physical injuries suffered?
Well, I don't want to sound arrogant, but we are relatively well off in Pakistan, and Kashmir is deemed a safe area (even by the UK gov't) Also, you've had to be relatively well off to even travel to the UK in the first place. Other Pakistani's couldn't afford things like plane tickets at the time

Whilst Kashmir might be poor, we're not, and it is a safe area

There are cases of kidnappings every where... and like I said, I was born in Britain and it's my country.

Most pakistanis in the uk are of kashmir origin- and they also form some of the least educated and least prosperous ethnic groups in the uk, that point is often made to me on tsr by other pakistanis. Unlike other areas of the commonwealth where some immigrants came as skilled workers, undergraduates etc, pakistanis largely came to work in unskilled jobs in the uk , to escape poverty there - those that could scrpae together an air fare.

And if you have a nice house in kashmr - ill bet it is behind big concrete walls and secutiry gates - kashmir is a very poverty stricken place, always has been - they still havnt rebuilt parts of it since the earthquake they had. Im aware that many british pakistanis send money back there, which is probably the main source of weatlth that exists there
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by lolipanda
well, i'm not trying to oppose 'all international movement'. and im against some immigration for more reasons than just crime. but this thread happens to be an example.

Are the perpetrators of the crimes in the article actually expatriates though? I do not see how it relates to immigration policy.
Original post by Indo-Chinese Food
Most pakistanis in the uk are of kashmir origin- and they also from some of the least educated and prosperous ethnic groups in the uk

The latest results refer to Asians and not Pakistani's so I'd like to see a recent source please

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/feb/10/gcse-results-ethnicity-school-meals
Unlike other areas of the commonwealth where some immigrants came as skilled workers, undergraduates etc, pakistanis largely came to work in unskilled jobs here, to escape poverty there - those that could scrpae together an air fare.

The same was the case for Indians tbf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_the_United_Kingdom_since_1922

And if you have a nice house in kashmr - ill bet it is behind big concrete walls and secutiry gates

Well, we're going to get a house somewhere else. That house is quite old, and it's not behind security gates, or behind concrete walls. The reason we're getting a new one is because the dam is getting increasingly closer (We paid to put barriers there)

- kashmir is a very poverty stricken place, always has been - they still havnt rebuilt parts of it since the earthquake they had.

My entire point is that British Pakistani's won't be so poor in Pakistan, compared to other Pakistanis

Im aware that many british pakistanis send money back there, which is probably the main source of weatlth that exists there

The money mainly goes to families, and I'd like to see your source that it's the main source of wealth there
Reply 91
Original post by lolipanda
but i wish they did. heheh.

Why must there should be freedom of movement between the UK, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore and Vietnam? They are not all part of one economic bloc, as is the case with the European Union.

And why would multinational corporations only specifically use nationals of the aforementioned countries for international assignments/secondments?
Reply 92
Original post by effofex
Why must there should be freedom of movement between the UK, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore and Vietnam? They are not all part of one economic bloc, as is the case with the European Union.

And why would multinational corporations only specifically use nationals of the aforementioned countries for international assignments/secondments?

Chinese do that sort of thing all the time

Just wanted to interject, their background wouldn't bother me if I was the boss.
Reply 93
:facepalm:

Judge Melbourne Inman QC: "“they would consent to anything with anyone", "they were ‘slags’."

Defendant, Rashid, 20, "the girls had enjoyed the sex". Not disputed.

Does that sound like rape to you?
If that is rape, then rape isn't that bad. This distracts from the real rape people suffer.

Biased reporting:
"The two Telford victims, aged 15 and 16, were abducted and lured to a Birmingham apartment where ringleaders Amar Hussain and Shamrez Rashid repeatedly attacked them."

Accurate reporting:
"Two Telford teenagers aged 15 and 16 voluntarily went with a 20 and 21 year old they knew to their Birmingham flat to have a few drinks. Then they willingly had sex with them because they were horny."

Biased reporting:
"they were extremely vulnerable"

Accurate reporting:
"they were under 18 and therefore considered automatically "innocent" and "vulnerable" creatures who have no idea what they're doing."

Biased reporting:
"They suffered a 36 hour ordeal"

Accurate reporting:
"They voluntarily stayed the night and left after having breakfast and some coffee in the morning."

How would you know what happened, like whether or not the girls were horny? Were you there?
Original post by Bonged.
To be fair I did ask for a non biased source.

So? It's still hypocritical of you to say to me that I won't accept certain sources, because of my world view and then you don't accept certain sources yourself because of your world view

Original post by Bonged.
The norweigan labour party is KNOWN to muddy the waters when it comes to truth about integration etc. It would be like believing the British labour party on immigration.

Who are under the control of? The labour party.

The police would have different documents to what the Labour party have

Original post by Bonged.

In fact, the British police covered up the epidemic of grooming for years, why wouldn't the norweigan police have similar "community relations" measures?

Well, the media suggested that 90% of all cases in Norway are of non Norwegian stock, and the only place these statistics could have came from, were from the police and the police say different
Reply 95
Original post by TheHansa
So why were physical injuries suffered?

Well then you know more than me, the articles I've read don't mention this.
Reply 96
Scary that its starting to happen in places like shropshire. Pakistani grooming gangs - coming to a town near you! :biggrin:
Reply 97
So? It's still hypocritical of you to say to me that I won't accept certain sources, because of my world view and then you don't accept certain sources yourself because of your world view

The police would have different documents to what the Labour party have

Well, the media suggested that 90% of all cases in Norway are of non Norwegian stock, and the only place these statistics could have came from, were from the police and the police say different

It would be. I specifically asked for a non biased source however.

They would share information.

Or the police changed their minds? lol. I imagine they got called the magic word.
Reply 98
Original post by TheHansa
Chinese do that sort of thing all the time

Just wanted to interject, their background wouldn't bother me if I was the boss.

What do you mean?
Reply 99
Well then you know more than me, the articles I've read don't mention this.

why are their 7 men and 2 girls? gang rape.

your taking these guys words as truth because you want to believe them.

Latest