Foundation Degree @ Uni ?? Help please!

    • Thread Starter

    Right so at last minute I have decided that I want to do something with music with my life, however I have no qualifactions in relevant fields for Undergrad degrees.

    I am considering attending a 2 year foundation coure and was wondering if I can then go straight on to an undergrad at the same university in Music Tech, etc?

    Hope someone can help!

    Email the Uni! But if the foundation course gives you what you need to get on the Undergrad course then I can't see what's stopping you. But again, email the Uni and check!

    Generally yes. But its worth making sure with the uni.

    Possibly but you might not even want to stay at the same place. One of my workmates did a fd in where he picked 2 years of audio modules but the 3rd year for a bsc at the same place would have had to be video... Which he wasn't interested in. So he went somewhere else for the 3rd year.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 22, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What is stopping you from being in a happy relationship?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.