Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How can Jesus be GOD Almighty when he asked for GOD's Forgiveness?
    T
    he sections of this article are:

1- How can Jesus be GOD Almighty when he asked for GOD's
    2-

Let us look at Luke 23:33-35 from the NIV Bible:

Luke 23

33 When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals--one on his right, the other on his left.
    34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." [1] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
    35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, "He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One."

Footnotes

23:34 Some early manuscripts do not have this sentence.

Two things to notice here:

1- For those Christians who say that the Bible is perfect, it is obvious that the historians and theologians of the NIV Bible disagree with them, because according to them, Luke 23:34 is a doubtful verse. Please visit Most of the Bible's books and gospels were written by mysterious people! This is according to the NIV Bible community. Another proof that most of the Bible is not authentic nor reliable.

2- If Jesus was truly GOD Almighty, then he would've said something like this: "I Jesus, the Sovereign LORD of this Universe, forgive them for they know not!". Jesus never said anything like that. He instead asked GOD Almighty to forgive them because they knew not. How can anyone with an atom of a brain and common sense consider Jesus as GOD Almighty then?!

Is there something here that my brain is so stupid that it can't grasp?! I mean, how much more clear can Jesus be in the Bible about not being the Creator of the Universe?! When he was asked about the time of the Hour, he said: Only GOD knew. When he lived on earth, he prayed to GOD Almighty by bowing his face down all the way to the ground in humility to GOD Almighty. When he was here on earth, he said with his own tongue "Why call me good? There none good by He. That is GOD." Please visit: Questions about Jesus that trinitarian Christians don't have logical answers for, to see the references to everything Jesus said and did that prove he wasn't GOD Almighty.

ReputationRep:
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! No more! I can't take any more of these threads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

ReputationRep:
    Christianity embodies the notions of Paul, whose New Testament letters were written between 55 and 60 C.E. before any of the four gospels.

Paul was a Jew, brainwashed with the religion of the Jews, and therefore he believed in the tale of Adam and Eve. He accepted that sin was hereditary and he accepted the immoral and primitive doctrine that guilt for wrongdoing can be off-loaded on to an innocent scapegoat. This usually involved the shedding of blood (often human) as an atonement required to appease the 'gods'.

Though an innocent person may, and often does, pay the penalty, this immoral doctrine, which claims to absolve the wrongdoer from personal responsibility, results in the ongoing sequence of crime, confession, absolution and its repetition ad infinitum. Responsibility for wrongdoing must remain forever with the person who committed the offence. Anything that seeks to sidestep this basic principle inflicts grievous harm on society.

After being struck by lightning, Paul conceived the idea that one of the hundreds of Jewish rebels crucified by Rome was the son of Yahweh who made the ultimate sacrifice of blood to appease the Jewish elohim (deity).

Christianity was formalised by the murderer Constantine at Nicaea in 325 C.E. This Nicene Creed is now the benchmark used in choosing chaplains for the State schools in South Australia.

The gospel of Mark was the first and the other three in the New Testament are embellishments on Mark's gospel. There are many other gospels besides these four.

The message of Joshua (Jesus) was for repentance before the imminent coming of the 'Kingdom of Heaven', which would occur during the lifetime of his listeners. He was as ignorant as most people of that time and believed in a Heaven of bliss and a Hell of eternal torment. He also believed in angels, demons, prayer and the inferiority of women. He believed in a flat earth, a superior race and that the laws of nature were not immutable. He had no knowledge of the nature of disease or of effective cures. He believed that love could be commanded and that those who disagreed with him would be damned. He believed in compulsion to comply with his viewpoint.

Being a Jew, he considered that no Jewish law, however trivial, should be broken, including the law which prohibited the ingesting of blood. Obviously he could not have initiated a ritual of cannibalism which involved the eating of his flesh and the drinking of his blood, which is the major ritual of the predominant Christian denomination.

Christianity began at a time when belief in gods and demons was almost universal. There was little comprehension of the immutable laws of nature.

Today factual information is readily available so there is no valid excuse for believing in the myths and deceits so common two thousand years ago. There is no empirical evidence for supernatural beings or places. The evidence that the existence of all human life ends when the body dies is overwhelming.. This is the only life that humans will ever have and for the purveyors of religion to say otherwise is to engage in blatant deceit for their own benefit.

ReputationRep:
    ooooooh, please please please, these threads ALWAYS go the same way! no one will be convinced one way or the other.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was Colonel Mustard with the Lead Piping in the Study.

ReputationRep:
    shorten what u said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    agreed, they are pointless. They just go round in circles.
    quick, change the topic before the debate gets in full swing!!!

Sooooo, joey johns, how's your day been then?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    quick, change the topic before the debate gets in full swing!!!

Sooooo, joey johns, how's your day been then?!
    So basically the threads about ' how can jesus be god when he asks for gods forgiveness ' aight, WTF jesus aint no god.

ReputationRep:
    Of course Christianity is false, just like every other bloody religion in the world. I wonder, why did 'god' wait for so long to decide it was time for Jesus to make his appearance. And why did he not wait until we as humans were fully evolved. Why wasn't Jesus an ape? or a dinosaur. Why would god be human, if humans were not evolved as humans when god apparetly created the world? does that mean Adam (as if that was his real name!) created in gods image was just a speack of dust, or maybe even a blob of molten lava? Why is Jesus human? Why does everyone think Jesus is a white bloke with a beard when he would blatantly look like someone from Jerusalem or what have ya (I.E. not white). We are supposed to be intellectual now so I just can't fathom why people still believe it!!! WHY!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?! (p.s If there really was a second coming, he would have come by now....)
    rant over.
    (ps, can all the Jehovah Witnesses tell their friends to stop coming to my house with those bloody 'Watchtower' magazines. It's a waste of trees.)

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to change my guess to Miss Scarlet in the Dining Room with the Candlestick.

ReputationRep:
    The Bible/gospel,torah and Qur'an(koran) all originated in the middle east
    The bible/Gospel was first sent 2 Jesus in the middle east and the Bible/Gospel was sent down 2 earth in a language called syriak which is still spoken in sum parts of Iraq 2day. Then the bible was chanced 2 hebrew by the jews as it was the predominant language in the middle east then again changed 2 latin by the Romans Then again changed 2 english and other religons. This inidcates that the Bible/gospel is not ginuwine and has lost sum meaning due to language chance as sum words r not changeable 2 other languages sum chapers were left out all 2gether and there have been sum great alterations. There is sum truth in the bible and Jesus was not crucified and there is going to be a second comming .The torah has also been altered. this is why the last prophet was sent and his name:MUHAMMED the book which was given 2 him the Qur'an (koran) which hasn't been changed in 1400 + yr since it was reveled came 2 earth in aribic still in aribic.not a single word changed

ReputationRep:
    The most harmful false idols are the ones given to use by religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visual123)
    How can Jesus be GOD Almighty when he asked for GOD's Forgiveness?
    T
    he sections of this article are:

1- How can Jesus be GOD Almighty when he asked for GOD's
    2-

Let us look at Luke 23:33-35 from the NIV Bible:

Luke 23

33 When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals--one on his right, the other on his left.
    34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." [1] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
    35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, "He saved others; let him save himself if he is the Christ of God, the Chosen One."

Footnotes

23:34 Some early manuscripts do not have this sentence.

Two things to notice here:

1- For those Christians who say that the Bible is perfect, it is obvious that the historians and theologians of the NIV Bible disagree with them, because according to them, Luke 23:34 is a doubtful verse. Please visit Most of the Bible's books and gospels were written by mysterious people! This is according to the NIV Bible community. Another proof that most of the Bible is not authentic nor reliable.

2- If Jesus was truly GOD Almighty, then he would've said something like this: "I Jesus, the Sovereign LORD of this Universe, forgive them for they know not!". Jesus never said anything like that. He instead asked GOD Almighty to forgive them because they knew not. How can anyone with an atom of a brain and common sense consider Jesus as GOD Almighty then?!

Is there something here that my brain is so stupid that it can't grasp?! I mean, how much more clear can Jesus be in the Bible about not being the Creator of the Universe?! When he was asked about the time of the Hour, he said: Only GOD knew. When he lived on earth, he prayed to GOD Almighty by bowing his face down all the way to the ground in humility to GOD Almighty. When he was here on earth, he said with his own tongue "Why call me good? There none good by He. That is GOD." Please visit: Questions about Jesus that trinitarian Christians don't have logical answers for, to see the references to everything Jesus said and did that prove he wasn't GOD Almighty.

Amazing, no one else in 2000 years ever thought of this did they.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Scarlet)
    Christianity embodies the notions of Paul, whose New Testament letters were written between 55 and 60 C.E. before any of the four gospels.

Paul was a Jew, brainwashed with the religion of the Jews, and therefore he believed in the tale of Adam and Eve. He accepted that sin was hereditary and he accepted the immoral and primitive doctrine that guilt for wrongdoing can be off-loaded on to an innocent scapegoat. This usually involved the shedding of blood (often human) as an atonement required to appease the 'gods'.

Though an innocent person may, and often does, pay the penalty, this immoral doctrine, which claims to absolve the wrongdoer from personal responsibility, results in the ongoing sequence of crime, confession, absolution and its repetition ad infinitum. Responsibility for wrongdoing must remain forever with the person who committed the offence. Anything that seeks to sidestep this basic principle inflicts grievous harm on society.

After being struck by lightning, Paul conceived the idea that one of the hundreds of Jewish rebels crucified by Rome was the son of Yahweh who made the ultimate sacrifice of blood to appease the Jewish elohim (deity).

Christianity was formalised by the murderer Constantine at Nicaea in 325 C.E. This Nicene Creed is now the benchmark used in choosing chaplains for the State schools in South Australia.

The gospel of Mark was the first and the other three in the New Testament are embellishments on Mark's gospel. There are many other gospels besides these four.

The message of Joshua (Jesus) was for repentance before the imminent coming of the 'Kingdom of Heaven', which would occur during the lifetime of his listeners. He was as ignorant as most people of that time and believed in a Heaven of bliss and a Hell of eternal torment. He also believed in angels, demons, prayer and the inferiority of women. He believed in a flat earth, a superior race and that the laws of nature were not immutable. He had no knowledge of the nature of disease or of effective cures. He believed that love could be commanded and that those who disagreed with him would be damned. He believed in compulsion to comply with his viewpoint.

Being a Jew, he considered that no Jewish law, however trivial, should be broken, including the law which prohibited the ingesting of blood. Obviously he could not have initiated a ritual of cannibalism which involved the eating of his flesh and the drinking of his blood, which is the major ritual of the predominant Christian denomination.

Christianity began at a time when belief in gods and demons was almost universal. There was little comprehension of the immutable laws of nature.

Today factual information is readily available so there is no valid excuse for believing in the myths and deceits so common two thousand years ago. There is no empirical evidence for supernatural beings or places. The evidence that the existence of all human life ends when the body dies is overwhelming.. This is the only life that humans will ever have and for the purveyors of religion to say otherwise is to engage in blatant deceit for their own benefit.
    Struck by lightning huh?! So you were there, met someone who was there, watched the video recording taken by a passerbyer?! Or maybe your God, oh hang on thats no possible cause there aint one right?!

ReputationRep:
    Christianity is all a load of crap just like all religions. I am honestly supposed to believe the bible? I recokon their is more truth in the daily star.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Or The Sport. Did you hear about that double decker bus found on the moon? Fascinating!
    hehe no, but then the most trashy paper I read is the Daily Mail. What paper was it in? Was it an April fools joke?

ReputationRep:
    I never really got the point in those mags, apart from the pictures but then if you want that the real thing is better.

I usualy make a point of buying the independant or the Gurdian if me and mate are on a long train journey, he would buy the sport or mirror. I just to do it be aquade though.

ReputationRep:
    I'll not even consider arguments that are clearly written by somebody that is regurgitating some **** that he has mustered up from some atheist on the internet. Probably searched for it on google thinking 'i can start a thread about this.'

Even the way the argument is put across is stupid 'how can anyone with an ounce of sense', get a grip of yourself, most of your article is repetitive and going nowhere. The fact is that Jesus was the son of God and a third of the Holy Trinity, the fact he is part of the trinity does not exclude him from being a man and the son of the Father, therefore he asks the father to forgive others. Indeed many times in the bible he forgave people their sins, and he even forgave the criminals on the cross 'you will be with me in paradise this day' to paraphrase. The fact he also asks the father makes no difference, many times he calls upon the holy spirit aswell, therefore the full trinity is represented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Christianity is all a load of crap just like all religions. I am honestly supposed to believe the bible? I recokon their is more truth in the daily star.
    People have the right to believe in whatever they believe it. If you don't believe, so be it. We shouldn't be mocking people because of their religions.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.