Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

close + delete pls Watch

ReputationRep:
    close + delete pls

ReputationRep:
    Well the only 2 I use are AdBlock and FreshStart. Adblock makes browsing a cleaner, better experience, while I just need FreshStart to save tabs

Reason I don't have any other is because I don't feel I need anything else. There's no other 'gap', so to speak, in my browsing as far as I can tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    Do you get annoyed by youtube commercials?

Also does fresh start save the tabs so that when I turn off my comp, turn it back on, it would be there?

Don't get it tbh
    Honestly, I barely ever use youtube. I get bored too quickly on it.

I think it does that too. But my primary use is saving big tab sessions that I'm likely to come back with in a couple of weeks time. Some examples are when I've specced up a PC with pages open on various different websites. Instead of finding them all again; I can just save that session as 'PC parts'.

Also I set it to emergency recover every 5 minutes for when I accidentally close chrome using keyboard shortcuts or a slip of my mouse-hand.

ReputationRep:
    Adblock <3
    And also Stayfocusd to block websites sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Invisiblehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Invisiblehand.
    Nice. Cheers for that. :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Chrome nanny, as it means I can get work done :yes:

ReputationRep:
    The facebook zoomy photo thing. It doesn't make me feel like so much of a stalker >:3

ReputationRep:
    The most productive one I have installed is FastestChrome - if I see something I want to look up, it's easier to highlight it to find out about it. The other one I use (which isn't already mentioned) is for stopping YouTube's autoplay feature.

ReputationRep:
    AdBlock Plus.

I really don't have any other plugins :s Feel like I'm missing out!

ReputationRep:
    Adblock!

For years ive known what it was but never bothered to get it.
    Ive had it for about 2 months now and it just makes everything so clean and simple, no annoying adverts on youtube or flashing crap.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: April 23, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.