The Student Room Group

Does volunteering count as an EC activity?

So I have quite a bit of voluntary work which I do in my spare time, but I don't play a sport or an instrument. Could I use examples of voluntary work as EC activities?
Reply 1
Original post by KingBear
So I have quite a bit of voluntary work which I do in my spare time, but I don't play a sport or an instrument. Could I use examples of voluntary work as EC activities?

Yeah of course you can:smile: but if it is medically related then it may fall into your work/voluntary experience paragraph better.
Thanks for your reply. :smile:
In the past I have volunteered in a hospice and in a primary school (only for 6 hours over 6 weeks).
I've been looking online and see activities such as assistant scout leader, child care volunteer, preschool assistant, and literacy mentoring programme that I'm interested in. (No, I'm not a paedophile, my work experience/voluntary work includes lots of work with adults and I want to demonstrate that I'm also able to work with children :biggrin:)

Scouting made up the bulk of my PS when I applied to university :biggrin:
That's nice to know! I'm thinking of applying for the age ranges between 6-14 (don't think I'd want to lead 14-18 year olds :lol:).

I have ALOT of stuff to fit into my PS so I'd have to briefly mention abit about everything I have done or am going to do.

Well that could be Beavers, Cubs or Scouts...it is a pretty broad age range.

I've been an aldult leader for two years in a Scout troop.
Do you still do it?

Of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending